Hello everyone!

I am new to this board but not new to CJ. Although I have been a member of the CJ network for over a year, I still don't know how to properly use it. I could use some advice--I'm still updating links on my website-manually!!

If anyone can offer me some tips on how to manage my links in a more efficient and easy manner, I would forever be grateful. There has to be an easier, most effective way to import links from my CJ partners to my directory and different webpages. How can I achieve this?

Please help me if you can-anyone- please, please, please!!!

Thanks for reading my post.

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

fatsos@fatsosoutlet.com

[This message was edited by fatSOS Outlet on October 24, 2003 at 04:40 AM.]

I feel your pain! It's so freaking tedious.

quote:
    Originally posted by TVEye:
    I feel your pain! It's so freaking tedious.

Ty for your sympathy, TVEye ::::sigh:::: I don't know what (or how) to do (it)

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by fatSOS Outlet:
    I am new to this board but not new to CJ. Although I have been a member of the CJ network for over a year, I still don't know how to properly use it. I could use some advice--I'm still updating links on my website-manually!!

If anyone can offer me some tips on how to manage my links in a more efficient and easy manner, I would forever be grateful. There has to be an easier, most effective way to import links from my CJ partners to my directory and different webpages. How can I achieve this?

fatSOS Outlet
    http://www.fatsosoutlet.com

fatsos@fatsosoutlet.com)
    http://www.fatsosoutlet.com/fatsos_logo_jpg.gif

If creating links at CJ is very tedious for you, you'll find it much more so at the other networks.

The real successful affiliates here are an overworked bunch. (wanna spend 18 hours a day?) But they love the work (or should I say, the money).

ABW Ambassador
    Hey it's just part of this particular racket. We all feel the same pain (or most of us do anyway).

About one-third of my sites are out of control. All we can do is plow through pages like a farmer tilling his soil, eventually updating everything at some point, then going back to update the ones that have once again dried up and died.

Makes ya feel kinda like a three-legged dog trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond, but the money is sure good after a while

------------------------------
    "It's nice to be on the banned book list...or banned from anything...it means people fear you" ~ Fred Conquest

waytogo, thanks for your reply...

You hit the spot!! I have been spending well over 15 hours a day trying to put together my pages/links--my husband has threatened me with throwing the computer out the window or simply banning me from using it

See? I am almost always on this darn computer...Yet, the money resulting from my affiliates is practically null. I have seen numerous, fine websites -especially shopping portals and directories (categorized)--That's what (I think) I need to do with mine. However, when it comes to web development, design, etc., I am completely illiterate. I don't know how to do it; I don't even know what the task of categorizing a site is called or who does it, if the web developer, the web programmer, the website designer, or whomever...I JUST DON'T KNOW

I figure there has got to be an easier way to get the job done, that's all.

Anyway, thanks for the post!

quote:
    Originally posted by waytogo:
    quote:

fatSOS Outlet

fatsos@fatsosoutlet.com)
    http://www.fatsosoutlet.com/fatsos_logo_jpg.gif

If creating links at CJ is very tedious for you, you'll find it much more so at the other networks.

The real successful affiliates here are an overworked bunch. (wanna spend 18 hours a day?) But they love the work (or should I say, the money).

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

Thanks for the post, Chief_Beef!

That's my problem! I spend too much time updating, editing, adding, deleting my links, yet the money doesn't come in, not even enough to justify all these hours working on my affiliates. I need to get results!

What can I do, and how? Suggestions are welcome!

quote:
    Originally posted by Chief_Beef:
    Hey it's just part of this particular racket. We all feel the same pain (or most of us do anyway).

About one-third of my sites are out of control. All we can do is plow through pages like a farmer tilling his soil, eventually updating everything at some point, then going back to update the ones that have once again dried up and died.

Makes ya feel kinda like a three-legged dog trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond, but the money is sure good after a while

------------------------------
    "It's nice to be on the banned book list...or banned from anything...it means people fear you" ~ Fred Conquest

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

ABW Ambassador
    If you want to do a shopping directory, it is best to use a database (easiest MS Access, best SQL Server, mySQL). But you need programing skill, to read the database table and creat HTML from that. Otherwise, do it by hand.

Look at CJ, see how they categoried each merchant. Pick the categories you are interested in. Go to the merchant list for that directory, sort by EPC or star/green bar. Pick the ones who got at least 4. Creat HTML pages for each of your categories. Write some (should I say keyword reach) text about the merchants for that category. Look at the merchant site. See what products are featured. Add some of those products. Add some banners. Not too many animated ones. Build more pages like that. Get links from other sites who are in Google. And build more pages. Then wait couple of months, money will start coming in.

quote:
    Originally posted by KCEdit:
    If you want to do a shopping directory, it is best to use a database (easiest MS Access, best SQL Server, mySQL). But you need programing skill, to read the database table and creat HTML from that. Otherwise, do it by hand...

... Get links from other sites who are in Google. And build more pages. Then wait couple of months, money will start coming in.

KCEdit, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

You definitely have brought more light to me than I have been able to find for myself. It all makes a lot of sense--that's what I want!!

Now, if I were to hired someone to do this "dirty job" for me, who should I try--a programmer, a developer, or a designer? I'd tried to hire a freelancer on Elance.com, maybe...huh?

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

quote:
    Hello everyone!

fatSOS Outlet

There is nothing wrong with updating manually, it just takes a little more time.

The Copy and Paste feature works wonders.

If you want to make more commission sales I would suggest.

1. Link individual products to your website.
    (Only products over $50+, designer clothes, televisions, bed linens, etc)

2. Forget about paying anyone to do your work and read and LEARN this page

http://www.bruceclay.com/web_rank.htm

3. After that is done, submit your website to Google and only focus on Google.

Hopefully this is a little on topic.

When the CJ "Get Html" pop up window says this:

quote:
    NOTE: You must include all the above html in your links. Any missing html, including the image source, will prevent the link from tracking properly and result in a loss of commissions.

is it totally true? Can I not replace the product image source url with a locally referenced url, that is host the images on my own server?

quote:
    Originally posted by Davros:
    Hopefully this is a little on topic.

quote:
    NOTE: You must include all the above html in your links. Any missing html, including the image source, will prevent the link from tracking properly and result in a loss of commissions.

is it totally true? Can I not replace the product image source url with a locally referenced url, that is host the images on my own server?

why would you want to do that? saves bandwidth to just have the link the way it is

On the homevisions site they have three sizes for product images, small, medium, large. The cj links give you the medium one, I want to use the large.

Bandwidth is cheap, my Adsense earnings pay for a year's worth of hosting in one day.

quote:
    Originally posted by Davros:
    On the homevisions site they have three sizes for product images, small, medium, large. The cj links give you the medium one, I want to use the large.

Bandwidth is cheap, my Adsense earnings pay for a year's worth of hosting in one day.

perhaps the image used on CJ is also the impression tracking image, in that case switching it out would affect your stat tracking on CJ.

usually the impression tracking image is seperate from the product graphic in the form of a 1x1 pixel image. My take on this is as long as you include the impression tracking image and proper affiliate link code then you can do whatever with the "ad".

I just finished putting together a small product showcase for a merchant while rewriting the TERRIBLE table code provided. The tracking and links are intact per product but no more html errors strewn all over the page

what you can do is just give the image that comes with the CJ code a width and height of 1 so it won't be seen but will still be tracked. Then use whatever image you want, this way the original code is all there(I doubt width and height variables will affect anything)

quote:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not true, it is worded that way so people unfamiliar with html will not be tempted to tamper with the code. The CJ pop-up window under "advanced options" gives you the ability to swap out images with your own or hotlink to anything on the web and use that as your image.

The only thing absolutely neccesary is the affiliate link itself that includes your CJ publisher ID. The tracking image is also not vital to a sale. I've had dozens of sales on links before only to realize there was no tracking image. I don't leave them out intentionally though.

i need serious help setting up my affiliate website. Help from a-z. I registered for CJ a year ago and never made a penny. I would like to learn how to set it up where money comes in, can any one help me from A-Z. I also want to set up a merchant account with CJ. I promote restaruants and would like affiliates to push people to my location for a fee.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread