ABW Ambassador

Now I get it, that's what that tracking gif was for.... mmmm. I'm learning something new everyday in this business.

I like Cj but this I don't understand. Its an area that should never be explored/exploited no matter how tempting. Who needs publishers when CJ can do it all with 0 guess work?

All you loyal soldiers just got duped! You think this is bad? I have a very bad feeling that this is just a prelude to what's on the horizon now that Valueclick has access to all this juicy little data all you affiliates worked so hard to provide.

Just imagine all those prime keywords you've worked so hard to get top ranking on, now you get bumped out of the top spot because CJ knows where and how. And you all were nice enough to just give it to them for free, to do with it as they wish. How much does this service cost? I'd like to sign up right away and take advantage of all my friends here at ABW. Help me make some money CJ.

This is beyond the level of dishonest and immoral. This is outright thievery. I knew I smelled a pig in heat.

Guess … This is the future CJ core after acquisition. Their affiliate network will be transferred to ValueClick.

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

quote:
    I knew I smelled a pig in heat.

There is one important difference ... you can still bring home the bacon from a pig in heat.

----- -----
    Opportunity knocks but once ... then runs off and hides behind the shrubbery.

You must be very careful, even a pig infected with a deadly disease, will taste yummy when chewing. It's the after effect that doesn't taste so good.

The decisions you make today, will have lasting consequences tomorrow, and in the future.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by CY:
    Now I get it, that's what that tracking gif was for.... mmmm. I'm learning something new everyday in this business.

That 1 pixel image does not track sale. It just counts impressions of text links. There is no other technology to count impression of a text link (unless it is done through javascript), except 1 pixel image. No way this pixel can give your keywords to CJ. Only thing it can tell you is the page url where it was used. Even if CJ is mining the URLs, it will be millions of unique URLs and it is quite a job to capture the REAL keywords from those pages for effective use.

My guess is CJ found this to be lucrative market, specially for PPC fields and want to jump in. Performics is doing that for long time.

"leveraging your publishers"

well, we're in there somewhere . . .

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

How can I block the cj spider?

extreme-tracking and hitbox track keywords and search query results. i don't think they're the only ones capable of doing so.

quote:
    Originally posted by KCEdit:
    That 1 pixel image does not track sale. It just counts impressions of text links. There is no other technology to count impression of a text link (unless it is done through javascript), except 1 pixel image. No way this pixel can give your keywords to CJ. Only thing it can tell you is the page url where it was used. Even if CJ is mining the URLs, it will be millions of unique URLs and it is quite a job to capture the REAL keywords from those pages for effective use.

My guess is CJ found this to be lucrative market, specially for PPC fields and want to jump in. Performics is doing that for long time.

If you really believe this, please im me and I'll provide an invisible gif for you to apply to all your pages that get number one ranking on Google. I'm sure you wont mind since I can't look in my logs and see exactly where all your traffic is coming from, down to the exact search term..... ????

Come on man, you don't really believe that post you made I hope, if so it's time for an education. And how hard do you think it is to parse that data and match up your url with the search term and number of referrals. From that do a little research on your webpage as it relates to weighting of keyword term, and actual design you have constructed to acheve those results, and duplicate and improve, and knock you right out of those sweet rankings you currently have?

That's what there doing, if you think otherwise, you need to get educated on exactly how you're getting screwed now by CJ.

Peace

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just one word I've thrown at CJ, and the others, upset their management. No.... not pimps or Ad whore. It was data mining. That right the sales records and clickstreams of 500,000 affiliates and thousands of merchants is being tuned into a lean mean competition machine to hijack traffic at it's source. Affiliates just happen to be the losers. Hey CJ throw me a bone and release the actual conversion ratios ( screw EPC) of your merchants.

While your at it clean out the SE's from your keyword PPC search competitors fueling those BHO search bars. Hell whack the SE trademark and phoney coupon spammers while your at it as they add too much white noise to the ValueClick move into SEO/SEM. The BHO's attack at the point of Sale and the Networks attack at the traffic source. Affiliate pre-sell domain bound surfs just get to set return day cookies eaten by the other 2 forces as they fatten up the targeted shoppers.

At least CJ knows, after sucking off extra profits from double dipping BHO's, thta that gravy train will get derailed by Microsoft and the merchant's boardrooms. They arm themselves with our clickstream data and the merchants stats ( yep the real conversion ratios) and go right after the Overture sistership's market. Must be nice to be out from under Bill Gross and IdeaLabs.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread