ABW Ambassador
    Just went to cj to get new links, put the product links on my page and they don't work. They go to the home page. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

From August 25th

From August 5th

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Cazzie, and all!

Our data feed, as well as "Build Your Own Links" are functioning perfectly at Performics. I've spoken with our tech dept. and an outside consultant in regards to what is happening at CJ. What I'm being told is that once our product feed is put through the CJ system, some characters in the URL (such as ?'s and %'s) are changed to a type of code instead. To get to the product level on our site, our servers need to be able to recognize the category id and product number in the URL string. Unfortunately, these qualifiers are indicated by special characters. If the special characters aren't provided, the servers can't find where to send the shopper and revert to our homepage.

Our tech people, the outside resource and CJ are trying to figure out how to keep the CJ system from changing the characters.

I know this has become a huge problem. Believe me... I need this problem to be fixed just about as much as you do ASAP. I'd appreciate it if anyone experiencing problems with our product links at CJ would contact CJ and let them know of your displeasure. I would hope that would light a fire and get them to provide the help we're looking for.

Once this problem is corrected, I'll be doing something special for all our partners, who've been so patient and understanding. My idea is to offer increased commissions for a period of time. I will be certain to give advance notice of this to give our partners enough time to get ready for it, and I'm not talking about an insulting 1% increase. I'm thinking of an increase that would close to double commissions earned during that time period. This would be for partners through both CJ and Performics.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, or has ideas about how the problem might be resolved, I'd appreciate it if you'd get in touch with me. Either give me a call, or send me an email with your phone number and a good time to call, and I'll call you.

Regards,

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Thanks for the update Chris.
    I have to contact CJ today regarding my datafeed not working for about 3 weeks now and I'll be sure to mention what you said in regards to the Blair.com links.

Chris,

What happened to the make-up bonus you mentioned giving to affiliates for when you did your site upgrade and nothing but error pages came up for three days? I believe this was almost two months ago now.

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Clicks4Nut'n:

That's exactly what I was referring to above. It just doesn't seem to make sense to run a big partner promotion when CJ partners will be at a disadvantage due to our product links not functioning correctly.

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Hi All:

A quick update. CJ found a "switch" on their end that was causing some problems. This should allow the fixes on our end to get taken care of quickly. Our IS team is working with CJ, and I'm hopeful that this problem will be resolved quickly.

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Chris - Looks like things have gone from bad to worse..... Now when my customer clicks on a product it goes to a NOT FOUND page. At least before it went somewhere. This is creating credibility problems for me and my site. When will we be through this????

Rick

Rick:

After doing some spot checks, I noticed this, too. But... once I clicked the link again it reverted back to directing to the homepage again. We haven't done anything yet here at Blair.com, so this must have been caused by what was done at CJ.

I have a call into them for an explanation... and direction. It's difficult for our tech guys to get a problem solved when they're not sure if everything is correct on CJ's end.

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

All --

I believe the problems with our product links are close to being solved. I did some spot checking, and it appears as though the majority of partner sites with Blair.com product links thru CJ are now functioning correctly.

If you're a Blair.com partner with product links on your pages, please let me know what you're now experiencing.

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Working for me finally. Thanks Chris!

That's WONDERFUL, Linda! Thanks!

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blair.com:
    Cazzie, and all!

Our data feed, as well as "Build Your Own Links" are functioning perfectly at Performics.

Chris Park
    Blair.com

No Chris. The build your own links are not working at Performics and they have not worked for several weeks. We moved our Blair business from CJ to Performics -- our sales have improved; but, the links we build are not working. We build a lot of links at Performics -- they all work except Blair.

Susan Weber
    www.grandstyle.com
    susan@grandstyle.com

Susan:

I'm very sorry the links aren't working for you. My IS team assured me that they were working, and I just went to Performics and did a test and didn't have any problems creating a link.

Our IS team is unable to offer assistance because we can only see the clickserve URL, not the URL you're pointing at.

I'll email my rep at Performics and ask her to look into the problem.

Regards,

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Anyone check their links lately?
    Every single one going to the homepage.
    I will say again as they never did work for me but in all fairness, I had a problem with Cj getting updated feeds to me (still do every 2nd or 3rd delivery ) so for the end of Sept - End of October I couldn't update.
    It seems during that time at least some people were able to get their links working.

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    My links at Performics from the feed is doing the same thing

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

I just sent Chris an email to let him know.

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread