I submitted a ticket to support concerning Homevisions text links and a banner I have loaded on my page. Is this an acceptable answer? "I believe the links are working correctly" Is anyone pushing HomeVisons and seeing the same thing as I? I would be happy to PM my url to a MOD to check it out, but I am a bit wary of letting the world know my URL due to the BS that is going on with hijacking and coping etc.... ( not that anyone would want to copy it lol)

Here is my email to support and the response following.

"Hi,

Please go to my site ( advertiser is HomeVisions) and click on the links I have there. I copied and pasted the code exactly and it will briefly show my ID before redirecting to show PID'S that don't match MY PID, which is: xxxxxxxx.

Here is the page I made for "homevisions" and the links from CJ back office on that page. http://xxxxxxxxxxxc.com/homevisions.htm

You can click any text link and even the 468x60 banner I have on there to see what I mean.

What's up with that?!?!

Thank you!

Dirk"

Reply I received:

"Hello Dirk!

I believe the links are working correctly. It is your PID in the code and I do see that the PID listed in the destination page URL once I go to the site is something different, but I believe that this is something that is done on the advertisers end. Basically, the PID they show is is no way related to our PID. The PIDs listed there are not active in our network and you are still generating traffic in your account. I know it looks odd, but I am certain there is nothing wrong.

Thanks!"

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, you are right. There is a PID parameter in the displayed URL. It does not show up for all links though. That PID is not mine. I'd guess they use a parameter with the same name for some other purposes. If you contact them, let us know what they say.

Yea, my guess is your right and they are using "PID" for some other purpose. The PID doesn't always show the same #. I do notice that links for other merchants usually land on a link with my PID in it. Reason why I question it.

I'll send them off an email and see what they say.

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

I believe what you saw was a 3-digit PID. If so, it's probably a Homevisions category ID, and not the PID (CJ Partner ID) that we usually refer to.

All my links to the HomeVisions seem to be redirected without my PID, yet sales come in just fine.

However, this is only my assumption, and I would like to know what the official reply says.

Yes, it is a 3 digit number. Although I am sure everything is fine, I did send off an email to get their "official" explanation of it.

I will post it here when and if I receive a reply.

I've noticed this with some merchants and have a concern about it as well. Usually, it's either a "page id" or a "Product id". I emailed CJ about a concern over it causing a conflict with Publishers ID - they assured me it wouldn't. (Not being a techie - I still don't trust parameters.) It just seems it would be safer to not use PID in this way. Just in case...

ABW Ambassador
    The qksrv cookie is set with your PID.

------------------------------
    "Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

The official response:

"Ah, Pete, now I see your confusion. We use PIDs to determine which category page a visitor sees. In your example below, PID=438 indicates our Sale Furniture Covers category. All of our page1.asp and page2.asp pages will include a PID parameter value which indicates category or subcategory.

Hope that clears things up.

Regards,

Jessica"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread