Last night I made a request for an affiliate link to palm.com and placed an order. Today I login to check the status and when I don't see my order I call them ... nothing there either. After I confirm with my bank that I wasn't charged, I click the affiliate link again and go shopping again, this time I added a few more things to the cart but ... once again the order didn't go through. Now when I say it didn't go through I mean I enter all information and finally click on "proceed to secure checkout" an alert pops up saying I'm going to an insecure page (the receipt page), I click ok and then get sent to the Front page and when I look at the cart whatever I ordered is there but not just one of each but two of each! Obviously a glitch in the system but I can't imagine how anyone is making sales with Palm.com as their 800 number people can't credit affiliates for the sale!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Glitches suck but they do convert nicely. This year 364 clicks - 36 sales, so about 1/10 conversion. 800 number will go check it out, but i expect most merchants to have a 1800#, credit on phone orders would be nice, but i don't know the % of people that at checkout decide to call. But 1/10 and i'm happy

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Haiko, why not put on a pair of pants and run down to your local computer store

[This message was edited by JJJay on November 10, 2003 at 02:47 PM.]

Bad JJJAY

Bad JJJAY

Bad JJJAY

Sit in the corner and do not come out until you start promoting online sales again. Do you hear me Young Man..

Bad JJJAY

OK, you'll all hate me but there really are shops that sell the same things you'll find online

Lies

Ok... I've done some research and it turns out what JJJay said is true.

Why wasn't I told about this!

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    You could have the best of both worlds: Click on an Amazon affiiate's link, order online, pick-up at the Circuit City. The affiliate still gets screwed out out of any commission but what other programs call glitches, Amazon calls a business model.
    Wayne

JJJ,

I wanted to give an affiliate the sale After I posted I decided to go to RadioShack, bought it there and got a $25 Rebate - Not offered by Palm so I actually saved $$ even with the tax

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

quote:
    Originally posted by Haiko:
    I wanted to give an affiliate the sale After I posted I decided to go to RadioShack, bought it there and got a $25 Rebate - Not offered by Palm so I actually saved $$ even with the tax

Yeah but you had to great dressed and walk to the shop, was the money you saved worth all this hassle I'm so used to working in shorts and lounge pant that I feel overdressed in a pair of jeans
    Haiko as always your intentions are admirable, next time I'm in NY I'll have to take you out for a few pints of Guinness

Personally.. I don't like to leave the house for any reason.

That would mean I would hove to put on some clothes and I can't remeber how to do that anymore.

Cow Patch...

You guys must have self-sufficent residencies.

Haiko what you are saying is rather disturbing, and I must wonder whether this is resulting in sales not being recorded. I am an affiliate of Palm and have made a lot of sales over the past four months. This month, however, I have noticed a big drop in sales for Palm, which is unusual, so I now have to wonder whether the problem you had is the cause of it. Another problem I am having is that they are not locking in the sales on CJ. My September and October sales still show up as "extended". Maybe it's time to write directly to Palm and find out what's up??!!

quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    800 number will go check it out, but i expect most merchants to have a 1800#, credit on phone orders would be nice, but i don't know the % of people that at checkout decide to call. But 1/10 and i'm happy

It's odd, merchants who track affiliats says that phone sales rock.
    Merchants who are not able to track say they hardly ever recieve phone orders and claim most orders are online.

Whish I knew too.

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread