Could I have your feedback on ebay? is it worth it to promote them? anyone converting or not?

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    Fight parasiteware!

"Do what you love and make money in the process. Turn your knowledge into income."

2. Full Member
    I get a bunch of nickels everyday, with at least one $5 signup a day. Lots of transactions very little income.

Bsnrjones

Goal: $10,000/month by 12/04

ABW Ambassador
    I am thinking of dropping them. It's not worth the work. You can make much more now with Adsense with much less work.

ABW Ambassador
    I do good with them. Try to find something where ebay is the only place online to buy it and make a page/site around that produc. My first site ever was a niche site someone let me take over and it's about a product that you can only get at ebay and it's steady income.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

okay, thanks everyone..

About us |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"

There were alot more registrations last year, this year plenty of bids but the registrations seemed to have slipped off.

----------------------------
    A page a day keeps fresh tires on the Vette...
    ----------------------------

To me the main problem I have with ebay is that every time I open one of the emails they send to my outlook account, my A: drive start spinning like somebody is trying to read a floppy on drive a:

About converting, I only made a couple of sales from ebay this year, about dropping them, they are not on my dropping list yet, why? because that name is so popular that I figured that a few links to ebay on my site may help somehow.

But I will like to know if I'm the only one with the drive A: going bananas when they send email's

They can be a nice little earner sometimes if you tie them up with scarce products.

I use them when a popular product disappears from the merchant site, or sometimes for specific new products that people are looking for. I get an EPC of roughly $10 that way which isn't too shabby, plus I can do something useful with clicks from Australia and Canada too.

Jan72: Use a decent email program like Eudora instead
    ________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

eBay is OK. Just OK, though. Not worth spending much time building pages or developing sites, though. If you get enough clicks, the nickles turn into six cents, and if you get enough Active Registrations, they also increase in value.

Overall, it does add up. But you'll never make as much as you would with other merchants, so your time is better spend developing higher commission pages.

Andy

I intially put up dozens of links and pages for ebay on one of my sites as a tool to help drive traffic to my site. It worked! Visitors went there instead of to my links that really pay money. I have since dropped all the links on my sites, but left up the ebay pages (no links to these pages) and still the traffic keeps coming there. The amount of effort I put into it was not worth it.

But it could be what I am promoting at ebay, not ebay itself.

However, I'd much rather go after the bigger fish, $20-$50 commission than a handful of ebay nickles. My time is much better spent doing that.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The editor's kit is terrific for adding a page of targetted auctions to your site. I like the way you can pull auctions based on keyword, category, or - I believe - user. You can add a couple of pages worth of relevant content to your site with just a couple clicks. So, for example, I intend to add ebay auctions that I initiate, and put up text on my fiction site saying, 'Support this site by bidding on my auctions'. Hopefully, not only will that generate bids on items I am selling, but I will earn some extra nickels and bucks.

So, as an answer, I would say, although I have conflicting feelings about eBay, they do offer some interactivity that other merchants do not.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

Yes, the editor's kit is really great and I used it to set up all my ebay pages. Easy way to create lots of pages for your site. PLUS, google found all those pages and is still sending me visitors even though I removed my internal links to those pages.

In my case, however, it did not increase my commissions. It certainly increased traffic to my site, but it seems they only went to ebay an not my other better paying merchants.

Sorry, I think I repeated some of what I said. But you get the point...

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "To me the main problem I have with ebay is that every time I open one of the emails they send to my outlook account, my A: drive start spinning like somebody is trying to read a floppy on drive a:"

I got the same error.

my experience told me that
    ebay is better than amazon

thus, if you do promote amazon,
    you may want to go for ebay too.

http://8n.nu

quote:
    To me the main problem I have with ebay is that every time I open one of the emails they send to my outlook account, my A: drive start spinning like somebody is trying to read a floppy on drive a:

Same here. I've emailed ebay about this with no response.

PS:

The seek for the "A" drive is because of a number of these in the email:

quote:
    img height=1
    src="file:///A%7C/eBay_com%20Monthly%20Newsletter1_files/1pix.gif" width=1 nosend="1"

Ridiculous.

Uhh smart a tracking bug on the user's floppy drive. Doh.

Vrindavan: eBay is waaay better than Amazon. In the past year my Amazon stats have sunk to an EPC that you'd need a magnifying glass to see. I used to use Amazon products as filler ads for content pages (you can always find a book that matches your content) but in the end I've found that AdSense is a lot better.

Now, if they could find a way of squeezing eBay listings into standard banner formats then I think that would be a huge traffic generator.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread