I just had two reversals from transactions that took place on Sept 6.

Is this possible? I thought they could be extended for another month but that would put the lockout date at Nov 6th not the 10th.

Any insight on this?

Merchants must either lock or extend every trxn for each calender month by the 10th. If they extend the trxn, they have 1 extra month before they need to reverse it or lock it - by the 10th of the 2nd month, not 2 months from the date of the trxn.

So your example from Sept 6, would normally be locked by October 10th, however since they extended it they have until the next lockdown date - November 10th.

If you are saying that it was reversed on the 11th (today) then that is not supposed to happen. But I'm not surprised.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The "10th of the month" story is utter myth.

They have until 60 days after the end of the month in which the transaction was made, to reverse. This is straight from the Publisher Service Agreement, which supersedes message board claims.

I quote Section 3.5 (Chargebacks). I have bolded the applicable sentence:

"3.5 Charge-backs. An Advertiser may request that CJ, or CJ may on its own initiative, debit Your Account with an amount equal to a Payout previously credited to Your Account in circumstances of : product returns; duplicate entry or other clear error; non-bona fide Transaction where there is no Publisher failure to comply with the this Agreement; non-receipt of payment from, or refund of payment to, the Visitor by the Advertiser; or Publisher failure to comply with the terms of an Offer or Advertiser Click-through Agreement ("Charge-back"). Charge-backs requested by an Advertiser in accordance with the preceding sentence may be applied up to and including the 60th day after the end of the month in which the Payout was earned ("Charge-back Period"). CJ may apply at any time Charge-backs for all Transactions from Publisher's Web site(s) and/or subscription emails for Publisher's or its Sub-Publisher's failure to comply with this Agreement. An Advertiser may request that a Payout be postponed 1 payment cycle where Advertiser is verifying a Lead (for Lead Campaigns) or the Advertiser has a product return policy or offer to the Visitor that allows the Visitor to return the product during the Charge-back Period."

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

News to me.

And to think I clicked the box saying I had read the TOS thoroughly.

ABW Ambassador
    I had a reversal from a CJ merchant well beyond the 60 day period.

It was for "Returned Merchandise". Strange thing is that the policy stated the customer had only 30 days for a refund.

CJ, being a third party responsible for reporting and payment of commissions, may make up agreements and guidelines for reasons of perceived fairness, but you are ultimately subject to the merchant's own rules, of which they can change at anytime without notice.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToughTurkey™:
    News to me.

And to think I clicked the box saying I had read the TOS thoroughly.

I'm an obsessive Terms reader whenever serious money is at stake.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

abc123discount toys just reveresed a locked sale from Sept 4th.

ABW Ambassador
    Reversals that take place weeks or months after the sale have a place on my worry list, unless it's a rare reversal and only a very small percentage of all orders.

Most of them are with poor performing merchants to begin with. If the merchant can't manage their inventory or check up front for frauds or ship quality products, that's not your fault. Of course you do have to expect higher returns in some industries like apparel.

geez 2 months that's unfair and pethetic I think!

About us |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"

Hmm have you seen my pic?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread