Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Has any one seen this thing before?

when I search my site plaza101 at msn i get results with my pages url, Title and description but when you click on it it takes you to amazon with Shop75.com's Amazon id.

http://search.msn.com/results.asp?RS...v=1&q=plaza101

After a research i find this page

http://www.shop75.com/sitemap/smb28.htm

This page has thousands of internet sites pages but site75 amazon id. Looks like this person is hacking all sites and building contents with his own amazon id. shop75com-21

How can amazon allow such a thing and what can we do to stop it?

Please help.

Asif

http://www.plaza101.com

Egads! What a Site Map!

Obviously built only as spider food for the SEs, I'd turn them in to Amazon if they're using someone else's content, and inserting their Amazon ID.

Why can't people just be creative and design their OWN sites from scratch?

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    As far as I can see, this is a site containing search MSN results. And these results are occupied with a redirect. As no one out of MSN can redirect search results, it is a MSN thing what happened there.

carneol

I contacted CJ and found out he is doing the same thing on CJ.

Everybody check your traffic

asif
    asif@plaza101.com

No hacking going on. He hasn't changed anything on your site or anyone elses.

He is using your pages, but it's probably something he's copied from you site and is using a redriect to forward the click to Amazon.

On that page you listed showing the MSN search results, the Title and Description are yours (I'm assuming) but the URL destination when you click, it is some other site.

Your best bet is to report him to the Networks, Merchants and all search engines you can.

Looks like they all 301 Redirect to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/gwrz. So the Amazon id being used is "gwrz". Have you contacted Amazon about it?

Not sure how this was done but I would guess the person used an offline browser to copy your site, then fed your pages to whatever spider MSN uses (Inktomi Slurp maybe?) whenever it crawled those domains (american-heritage.net, fragile-heart.net, kamaaina-computers.com, etc). The sites are all owned by the same fellow in Belize City, BZ.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    A classic example of page cloaking to fool SE's. Your pages must have been well-ranked in the past, to have been copied. :^)

Common browsers such at IE get sent to their Amazon page (thus cookie deposited).

Unusual browsers such as Lynx or WGET get redirected to totally different non-commercial stuff.

First off, I'd show all the evidence to Amazon. You may be able to get something done via DCMA complaint.

THEN, once that's all done, send the cloaking evidence to MSN's new search department.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

I have already reported MSN, Amazon, and CJ

I hope to get some good answer from them

Asif

No point in reporting them, they'll be given 60 days to comply, once the Christmas shopping season is over they'll delete these pages and be in compliance

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    No point in reporting them, they'll be given 60 days to comply, once the Christmas shopping season is over they'll delete these pages and be in compliance

Actually, in this case, the reason there'd be no point in reporting them to CJ, is because they're affiliates of AMAZON not CJ.

All the redirects go to Amazon--this hints that they're not actually affiliated with CJ, its merchants, or any other networks on the original pages. After all, if they could be paid from the original merchants, they wouldn't have found a need to send all the traffic to Amazon!

In ordinary cases, though, I'd say to tell the merchants and not CJ...but in this case it's Amazon who is actually the merchant the thief is associated with so Amazon's the one that should be told.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I have spended hours and did a lot of research. They are affiliate with CJ and Linkshare Both.

I tracked the ID of CJ from those links and reported cj and i find out that

"They are making a lot of money"

Still Trying to get intouch with Linkshare.

http://www.nedu.org/en/shops.htm

Visit the link and you will know what i am talking about.

Thanks
    Asif

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder if this has anything to do with my crap performance at Aamzon since the beginning of October.

From September to October, my income at amazon was reduced by 2/3

This month is going on like October finished. Perhaps it is just to do with the fact that Amazon are partnering with undesirables.

Download Site Map Creator Today

This site is affiliated with, or has listed pretty well every Linkshare and CJ merchant there is, including many of the merchants represented here. How does a site like this get excepted as an affiliate? Check out their products page http://www.nedu.org/en/products.htm

Here a few of the PID's they are using, I got these after only 10 or so clicks. So I am sure they have many other PID's.
    PID=1366894
    PID=1225754
    PID=1225109

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh I see!

Then the ones to contact are the merchants...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

At least I know where to look for a complete list of sites with affiliate programs!

Ahh.. I think they're buying up expired sites with good Inktomi placings, hence the strange domain names and then they're using cloaking.

I don't know about Inktomi, but I do know that cloaking gets a permanent ban from Google.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    re: Hacker on the lose

Why is it people everywhere misspell "lose" LOOSE, yet here we have someone actually trying to say "LOOSE" and it came out "lose" LOL

ABW Ambassador
    hehe, I'd be more concerned about his use of the word "hacker"

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Visit the link and you will know what i am
    >talking about.

Cuting and pasting it into your browser, of course.

Just clicking on that link will put the URL of this thread into his server logs and given his obvious technical ability, he's going to find that, come here, and then see who's trying to spoil his Christmas.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    so this dude has us on his website. He's not ripping us off, as far as I can see?
    Any suggestions as to what a merchant shall do?

I also have all the following publishers in my program. Do I have to worry about them?
    PID=1366894
    PID=1225754
    PID=1225109

I suggest you refer your concerns to our Network Quality department, they will investigate your concerns and take appropriate actions.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    I suggest you refer your concerns to our Network Quality department, they will investigate your concerns and take appropriate actions.

Todd, slightly off topic... but - what is the appropriate action for site copying?

I reported a blatant case of site copying recently and was told that "we do not usually delete a publisher for this unless they make a habit out of it".

Makes me mad GRRRRR

[This message was edited by midnightcoder on November 04, 2003 at 07:44 PM.]

quote:
    Todd, slightly off topic... but - what is the appropriate action for site copying?

I reported a blatant case of site copying recently and was told that "we do not usually delete a publisher for this unless they make a habit out of it".
    I agree that it is frustrating. We usually do not get in the middle of these types of disputes becasue it is not always possble for us to determine who copied who? It ends up being a he said, she said issue. If it is blatant or is repeated, we sometimes do take action.

This is slightly outside of our juristriction.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I think in this particular case it is clear that this person has copied thousands of internet site and now using the cloacking to redirect.

That site does not look like a site.

if you search for Plaza101 and you find pages on another domain with redirect, does that tell us anything?

Asif

quote:
    I think in this particular case it is clear that this person has copied thousands of internet site and now using the cloacking to redirect.
    You say tomayto, we say tomatoe - it still falls under subjective interpretation. We do not want to be in the middle of disputes between publishers claiming copy right infringement - it is outside of our juristriction.

What if a site falsely claimed you were doing this and we were to believe them? No wants us making these types of decisions - trust me.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast