Why is there sometimes such a huge difference between the Expected Payment and the payment that is actually created? I was checking my expected payment in my account and two days later my actual payment was calculated as half that of the expected sum! And I'm not talking small beans here.

What is the point in having that function at all if it is going to be so incredibly inaccurate?

Hey snoop, check your reports for extensions do to "non payment" by merchants - just got hit myself with a nasty amount. I did find out that CJ will sometimes include it if the late payors have the booty in by the 15th. It consistently happens for me and you really wouldn't beleive the who's, who on my list.

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    What is the point in having that function at all if it is going to be so incredibly inaccurate?

(1) CJ can justify charging your merchants more by giving you such useless features.

(2) The more times you log into CJ worried about your payment or transactions, the more likely you could be to sign up for a new merchant or go to Get Links. (So they many think)

(Actually, opening up CJ stats often feels like checking the obituaries, wondering if there'll be one of your relatives listed.)

(3) Seeing your next payment jump around is many times the only thing that lets you know the system is still doing anything at all.

I've played Roulette in Vegas ...that estimated payment feature brings that same kind of nervous excitement. When the balls finally drops and payment has been sent, you're so emotionally drained you can barely reach up for the Get Links button anymore.

Thanks Abigail, I checked my extensions and it turned out my two best converting merchants felt too strapped to pay out this month

Maybe it's not so inaccurate after all?

It is amazing isn't it - when you see the high profile names that hit that list!!

Abigail

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread