ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A CitiGroup spokesperson confirmed that the c2it online payment service will cease operations next month. c2it will close all customer accounts effective November 9, 2003, and will send remaining funds by check to customers. The site will be taken down on February 22, 2004.

Citi Cards launched c2it in October 2000, offering a service for users to transfer funds to other members electronically. The c2it spokesperson said the service was attractive only in the auction space. "This was a niche that c2it chose not to pursue and has not marketed to for more than a year."

c2it was never able to gain the same traction as PayPal and had stricter limits on daily transactions amounts, possible due to concerns over fraud. Forbes reported last year that C2it attempted to acquire PayPal but was rebuffed. eBay bought the PayPal online payment service in the fall of 2002 and shut down its own Billpoint payment service shortly thereafter.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some things, being first to market means everything.

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I assume since it was a .com move by CityBank there was an affiliate program for C2it.com. Yawn ...as if I ever promoted any financial "lead" merchants. I never had the desire to create a spam machine. I'm sure we'll see some C2it.com phoney sites with e-mail con games wishing information to verify those refund accounts.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on September 30, 2003 at 01:18 PM.]

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread