Hi All,

I have been struggling to get a good credit card processing company for a long time. I can't open an account at Paypal because I live in Macedonia, and Macedonia is not on the list of countries on the signup page at PayPal.

Since I don't have experience with this here is what I am looking for:

1) A company with good rates
    2) A Company that has a "virtual terminal"
    3) A company that possibly has low rates for international wire transfers.
    4) A company that accepts applications from Macedonia

I already said that I am not experienced with these things, so I have drawn these points from what I've seen so far when browsing for a CC processing company. The "virtual terminal" means an internet payment solution where you have one page for all the payments (instead of a page for every product), where my customer can enter the $ amount him/herself and pay me. This is very important.

So far, it seems to me that 2checkout is the best solution, but you may direct me to another one which is better than 2checkout.

I also heard that some CC processing companies hold on to a percentage of your earnings for a year, to serve as an insurance. Is this true? If so, then how big is this percentage, and do I get it back some time?

I hope that I am making sense. Please help!!!

Alex
    AlexBet Design

Alex,

In another life, I've had good experience with Echo's virtual terminal offering. Admittedly, I didn't shop around, but for a small online store, the prices were very reasonable. (Like $10/mo. + a small transaction fee.)

http://echo-inc.com

It's not a shopping cart. It's just the terminal that you can plug in the buyer's info to charge their credit card.

Being from the U.S., I have no idea whether they'll accept foreign apps.

I don't have any personal experience with 2checkout, but I know someone who did the same with 2checkout and now that his store is growing, he's looking for something else because the costs are high.

My 2 denars

--scott

You may want to check out RegSoft.com service by Digital River Inc. This is a free cart setup (no monthly fees). They have a small transaction fee & take a small % of the sale as most other services do.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Scott & Ray,

Thank you both, I'll check those out.

All,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's not a shopping cart. It's just the terminal that you can plug in the buyer's info to charge their credit card.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is all I need! I DON'T need a shopping cart guys/gals. All I need is a virtual terminal. So, a few other choices won't hurt. Thanks!

Alex
    AlexBet Design

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Here are a couple more third party processors that will accept processing for services. Not sure about the Macedonia thing, but it should be in their FAQ's:

http://www.ibill.com
    http://www.pslweb.com/
    http://www2.internetsecure.com/

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Thanks B, I will check those out.

Alex
    AlexBet Design

You can check out these below
    www.ikobo.com
    www.authorize.net

I used Cardservice International for a long time - good service, but the rates are too high. Then I switched to authorize.net through my bank (Wells Fargo) - much lower rates, just as good service. Can't tell you anything about Macedonia.

AlexBet
    I think maybe ikobo is more suit you. It has a low rate and a wide coverage.

I know its hard to keep track, but if you look up you will see you already answered Alex.
    You've had three posts ... oddly, three referals to ikobo.
    Looks like SamyT was right.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I know I have answered Alex. I have my own opinion. I do not want to tell Alex that all the online payment providers are good, each one is greatest.

I have no idea what you just tried to say ... maybe im too tired to deal with this right now.
    regardless ... 4 posts, all of which are focused on or around ikobo.
    because you probably don't remember what SamyT said, I will quote it for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ikobo is no good PURELY because they need to SPAM their services over forums like this one.... again and again and again. How good can it be when they have to do something that pathetic? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If all you are going to do is spam a board regarding this, might I suggest going here.
    They would be more appreciative.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread