We just received this e-mail from Debra Heeke the AM at QVC:

quote:
    Hello from QVC.com. As Affiliate Marketing Manager, I have noticed that since you have been accepted to the program your performance with us has been either very low or not at all. In order to stay in our program, we do require performance.
    You will be expired within 14 days unless we see performance and sales within 7 days.

If you are truly interested in working with us, now would be the time as it is pre-holiday and we are converting very well. We have a variety of new links, banners and search terms available for your use.

I wish you success in your programs!

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
    Debra Heeke

Here's a thought Debra, you don't see the value of an affiliate that has a 2003 to date CTR of 51% and an EPM of $1,162.50. Quite obviously you lack experience in managing an affiliate program - particularly with CJ, since it costs nothing to continue to maintain an affiliate relationship with an active affiliate in the CJ network. DEMANDING PERFORMANCE AND SALES IS NOT THE WAY TO BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH AFFILIATES. CERTAINLY THREATENING TO EXPIRE AN AFFILIATE A MONTH BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST WAY TO ALIENATE AND OFFEND THAT AFFILIATE. OFFERING AFFILIATES ADEQUATE TOOLS AND COOKIE DURATIONS IS THE WAY TO BUILD AFFILIATE REALTIONSHIPS. Maybe if QVC offered more than a 1-day cookie duration you'd see better sales. No matter, we will immediately be removing the 4,000 links we have to QVC on our web site. HSN.com, ShopNBC.com and ShopAtHomeTV.com are more than happy to have us...

Maria

Affiliate Manager
    quote:
    No matter, we will immediately be removing the 4,000 links we have to QVC on our web site.
    Ouch! Hope that is a data feed

ABW Ambassador
    They're converting great for me 1/17, but i agree with you, that AM needs a little help. Sadly there are some great merchants with not so great AM's and great AM's with lousy merchants.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

quote:
    CTR of 51% and an EPM of $1,162.50.
    That doesnt say anything about volume. You can get 51% CTR and $1,162 EPM with one lucky (or self referred) sale. How many sales have you had with QVC?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Another one who took the title "affiliate MANAGER" way too seriously. Apparently she doesn't know we do this to AVOID baloney like that...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

We have generated an average of 5 sales per month with an average of $136 per sale since June when we signed up with them.

Maria

Whoa, wait a second. You're generating over 1 sale every week with QVC, and they want to cut you for not performing? Ummm, wow. If that's true QVC should be sending her the "You're Fired" fax right about now.

Hi david11982,

That's one of the reasons why I am so infuriated. This person has got to be a total idiot! She ought to work on better assisting affiliates in building business rather than throwing it away...

Exactly how many more sales are they expecting, particularly with a 1-day cookie duration?

Maria

Copy and send this thread to her boss.

ha ha ha ha....

ClickMagazine.NET

Luckily, the links were from product links from the datafeed. We are completely database driven, so it is just a matter of selecting by merchant and deleting.

On second thought, maybe I'll be spiteful and redirect them to HSN.com...

Maria

I really don't understand how people like her get in her position. She obviously knows NOTHING about Affiliate Marketing, nor does she know how to do her job!

[Edited Joke]

Andy

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 25, 2003 at 09:55 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Andy ,

[Removed commentary on the above joke]

I hope you will re-think your statement and retract that with an apology !

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 25, 2003 at 09:56 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Lisa.

However, I think posting the email to being with was inappropriate. You should give her the chance to defend herself and instead all most of you are doing is bashing her. She may be like the rest of us, and have posted her email without thinking about what she was actually saying.

We have received similar emails from other merchants and there is always a quick resolve. Maybe she is new maybe not, but you don't need to berate her.

I used to work with Deb at CDNOW. I can tell you all she has very good credentials. Now, I can totally get behind not liking her tone or her program - that's your prerogative.

I will let Deb know you guys are unhappy with her emails and her company's decisions on communications/compensation for the affiliate.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    aim: patricemilligan
    ::visit.our.private.forum.at.abw::

[edited to say - I know Andy was just kidding.]

[This message was edited by patrice - eastwoodcompany.com on November 21, 2003 at 10:31 AM.]

[continued editing of the commentary]

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 25, 2003 at 09:58 PM.]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread