I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, I am a newbie to this board, but...we have a home and garden affiliate program, which those active have shown that it has the capability of bringing in substantial revenue, however we have many publishers who have joined but remain in-active. Does anyone have suggestions on how to motivate those that are inactive to try out the program and see its potential?

Thanks!
    Jenn
    www.servicemagic.com
    CJ/$5-$15 Bounty

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I would think thta those who have sites which push realestate -home improvement to gardening and hardware store items would place your "find-a-contractor or local handiman" links on their pages.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Hello welcome to ABW
    Maybe a follow up email to your publishers talking about your program, usually affiliates like AMs that keep their publishers up to date on whats happening. Sometimes affiliates sign up for a program and never hear a thing from them.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Thanks for the responses! We do have a lot of home & garden and real estate focused sites sign up, but then remain inactive, even though it is a great match. I agree that following up is the way to go! Any advice on finding really good affiliates and getting them to join our program?

Thanks!
    Jenn
    www.servicemagic.com
    CJ/$5-$15 Bounty

ABW Ambassador
    You're on the right board for finding good affiliates. Maybe talk to Haiko about announcing your program, opening a forum, etc.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    >You're on the right board for finding good affiliates

YA

On another program I've managed for 4 years we have 667 affiliates and only 10 to 20 are worth anything.

This place has the serious players!

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Jenn,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

Drop me an email (haiko@abestweb.com) with your number and I'll give you a call.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

quote:
    Originally posted by jma50:
    Thanks for the responses! We do have a lot of home & garden and real estate focused sites sign up, but then remain inactive, even though it is a great match. I agree that following up is the way to go! Any advice on finding really good affiliates and getting them to join our program?

Well pulling out of CJ was the ABSOLUTE WRONG thing to do. I believe you just shot yourself in the foot.
    Thanks!
    Jenn
    http://www.servicemagic.com
    CJ/$5-$15 Bounty

You may want to send them a message asking them to please promote your program and throw in a few ideas by looking through their site. This may get theminvolved again. If after a couple time asking them and warning them. Drop them. They are not worth your management.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread