Is anyone having any success with this or any other fanbuzz site? My epc is .28 cents this month with shop.nhl.com and while I am not a huge fan of EPC - you can't ignore that number.

Teamstore (another fanbuzz underperformer) EPC hovers at $1.25 for me despite some highly targeted traffic.

Other hockey jersey merchants give me an epc of over $8 so before I totally pull the plug on fanbuzz for good - just wanted to get some input.

I sent the AM the url to this thread so hopefully they will add some comments.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    The one thing that the NHL shop has going for it is product selection, no other sports memorabilia merchants has such a selection. But on the downside, their prices are usually higher when it comes to the bigger ticket items. Their prices on Replica and authentic jerseys are $5-10 more than other big sports stores (icejerseys is one at CJ) and some smaller shops sell the jerseys for up to $30 less.

True - icejerseys is cheaper (that is the merchant who I was referring to above )

What I thought shoppers should really enjoy is the obvious name brand recognition seeing "SHOP.NHL.COM - The official store of the NHL".

But they don't seem able to convert the traffic - or their tracking system is buggy. A quick check at ebates shows they are NOT part of the parasite scene.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I am actually putting tons of their stuff up right now so I will be able to give you a better opinion in a few weeks

Are you a Leafs fan? I am originally from the Buffalo area and a Sabres fan

I have a whole slew of their products up and have no conversion.

Conversely, my MLB.Com links work beautifully! Performance incentive bonuses each month!

I tried contacting shop.nhl.com but only got their CJ rep responding. He refused to post on the boards saying it was against company policy. Not sure if he meant CJ policy or Fanbuzz policy.

The sales/hits ratio is 5x greater when I send surfers to IceJerseys than when I send them to shop.nhl.com and I think that should set alarm bells off at both CJ and Fanbuzz.

ABW Ambassador
    Sportswired, how long after the month ends does MLB.com pay their performance bonuses? I've earned one from last month and again this month and haven't gotten any kind of credit yet.

Robin

The bonuses are applied like clockwork - no worries about being shortchanged with MLB, it's a quality program with a good AM.

Bonuses are applied 2 months after the fact to allow for reversals/returns etc. Bonuses for October will be paid by the 10th of December.

We don't generate much traffic to Shop.NHL, but that traffic converted actually pretty well.

And yes, I can recommend the MLB Affiliate Program. Their AM (Darnel Moore) is very responsive. There is nothing better than a Merchant with an Affiliate Program and active AM.

Carsten

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you guys about the heads up for Mlb.com, I have done unbelievably well with them but have had no responses to the couple of emails I have sent to Darnel. And as the month ends and I hadn't seen my bonus credited I got worried...especially since I this month I attained the highest performance bonus and am really excited about that!

I will look forward to my October bonus in the next couple of weeks.

Speaking of reversals though, do they batch those or reverse immediately?

Thanks,
    Robin

You will find mlb hardly ever reverse.

The only reversal I have ever had with them was a $15,000 dollar order that Darnel even emailed me to congratulate me on. But when they phoned phoned to verify it, they found the order was placed by 15 year old kid with his parents CC.

ABW Ambassador
    That is funny..what could someone find there for $15k to buy? A player to come over for a playdate for a day? Lol.

Thanks for that info, TT! I appreciate it!

Robin

I read this forum and just wanted to take the time to say thanks to TT and everyone else who is a part of MLB.com Shop's program and thanks for helping it become the success it has. The program Manager for NHL.com (Joslin Warren) is really cool and is a great commmunicator. Any problems, gripes or what-have-you you should send her an email. She'd be more than happy to respond. Thanks again for all of the positive feedback and will make myself available to you guys more than I have.

TeamStore is absolute garbage.

308 clicks
    0 conversions

We're talking TARGETED traffic...

"carmelo anthony jersey"
    "lebron james jersey"

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread