Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For those of that celebrate Thanksgiving, have a great Turkey Day! :turkeydinner:

See you on Monday.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

and for those that don't ? Another cr*p day fixing aeroplanes for peanuts on permanent night shift ? Having to build websites to supplement my salary ?

Don't wanna spoil ya fun....but.....THIS IS ENGLAND.....it's never a holiday being a webmaster in a thick pea soup fog

OK.....i'll get off my and wish you all a very safe and happy Thanksgiving...and I mean it...I do.....really I do.

best wishes,

Malc

ABW Ambassador
    Happy Thanksgiving All! Have a great day, a great dinner and then relax. I suppose the guys will be viewing football games LOL Those not celebrating have a great day anyway.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    My plans for the TURKEY:
    MUTILATE abrade, abscind, alter, amputate, annihilate, ban, bar, bark, blemish, bloody, bob, break, burn, butcher, castrate, chafe, change, check, chip, claw, clip, crack, craze, cripple, crop, cull, cut, cut away, cut off, cut out, damage, deface, defoliate, deform, denude, desexualize, destroy, disable, disfigure, dismember, disproportion, dock, draw and quarter, eliminate, enucleate, eradicate, except, excise, exclude, extinguish, extirpate, fix, flay, fracture, fray, frazzle, fret, gall, gash, geld, hurt, incise, injure, isolate, knock off, lacerate, lame, lop, maim, make mincemeat of, mangle, mar, maul, mayhem, misshape, neuter, nip, pare, peel, pick out, pick to pieces, pierce, prune, pull apart, puncture, rend, rip, rip off, root out, ruin, rule out, run, rupture, savage, scald, scorch, scotch, scrape, scratch, scuff, set apart, set aside, shave, shear, shred, skin, slash, slit, spoil, sprain, stab, stamp out, stick, strain, strike off, strip, strip off, take apart, take off, take out, tear, tear apart, tear off, tear to pieces, tear to tatters, traumatize, truncate, unsex, vandalize, wipe out, wound, wrench or maybe EAT

That was a joke

Our plans, Going to the inlaws, and avoiding drinking any of this.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL I think the person that would drink this is insane and would be all day.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

They need to make it a malt beverage and then I might try it. Either that or add wine and call it a wine cooler. Yuck!

It would be funny to give someone one of those over the holidays as a joke. Poor [insert relative's name], everybody is always playing tricks on him/her.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Todd,

Happy Holidays to you and your family and to all the folks at CJ (especially those wonderful folks at AAQ).

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

For those who will be cooking, take time to relax and enjoy your friends and family! My Grandmother and Mother used to make it look so easy...don't know how they did it!

Andy

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Enjoy the day and the company everyone. Don't be sneaking into the office o chek stats.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too Todd and everyone else, and it's not just guy watching the football. Especially in my case if it keeps me out of the kitchen.

Robin

ABW Ambassador
    and just think how it all started. we, in the beginning, having been sent over here by yer majesty, were ex-cons, and mentally ill. fitting for most of us, I would say! I wonder how we ever made it that first boat trip from England? sheet, I would have been the first one placed on the boat for not paying the prozac tax - lol!

oh yeah... happy turkey day. anyone eatting chitterlings? yum. I can see my granny cleaning three five pound buckets of it now...yummmmm - NOT!

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

For those who will be cooking, take time to relax and enjoy your friends and family! My Grandmother and Mother used to make it look so easy...don't know how they did it!

Andy

They had all that time in between page loads on their 1200 baud modems.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Sorry for a dumb question because I am not in the US.

How many thanksgiving day are there in 1 year?

Happy Turkey Time!

There's just One Thanksgiving...
    Yup!

----------------------
    Webmasters: Make $$$ from your website traffic... http://www.WebmasterCoin.com

quote:
    Originally posted by RedFish:

We all know the basics…let's see. There were these Pilgrim guys and gals and they invited the Native Americans to join with them to be thankful for a great harvest thing, and they had turkey and all the trimmings…doesn't it go something like that?

Kind of. It was 1621 (and I'm not sure that they had turkey, I'm surmising). Actually, that first time, they didn't call it Thanksgiving, they called it an English harvest celebration. It wasn't until 1676 that the first Thanksgiving proclamation was issued by the people of Charleston, Massachusetts. The last paragraph of the proclamation says it all (they didn't spell so well back then)…

"The Council has thought meet to appoint and set apart the 29th day of this instant June, as a day of Solemn Thanksgiving and praise to God for such his Goodness and Favour, many Particulars of which mercy might be Instanced, but we doubt not those who are sensible of God's Afflictions, have been as diligent to espy him returning to us; and that the Lord may behold us as a People offering Praise and thereby glorifying Him; the Council doth commend it to the Respective Ministers, Elders and people of this Jurisdiction; Solemnly and seriously to keep the same Beseeching that being perswaded by the mercies of God we may all, even this whole people offer up our bodies and soulds as a living and acceptable Service unto God by Jesus Christ."

Thus, by unanimous vote, the Charleston council instructed Clerk Edward Rawson to proclaim June 29 as a day of the first thanksgiving. Look what that Rawson guy started!

But wait, that may have been the first proclamation, but according to records, the first NATIONAL Thanksgiving wasn't celebrated until 1777 (when it was declared by the Continental Congress). But that still wasn't Thanksgiving as we know it today. Thanksgiving as we know it today was "coined" in 1863 when the "first of our last-Thursday-in-November annual Thanksgivings was celebrated."

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    I miss Thanksgiving My last one was in 1991 WOW thats 12 years ago.. time really does go by fast

-------------
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman -- neither one works.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanksgiving is celebrated on the last each year on the last Thursday of November. It considered a federal holiday (no mail, banks, school, etc.) so most people don't have to work. The Friday after Thanksgiving is given as a holiday for many people too, but really just to have a long weekend. Lately, however, more and more peole seem to be having to work on that Friday. Schools are usually closed onthe Friday, but there is mail and banks legally have to be open (the law for banks is that they cannot be closed for more than 3 days in a row) and many of the large downtown banks are not open on Saturdays!

Hope that helps, Redfish.

There is a radio station here that plays 'Alices Restaurant' every Thanksgiving. Is that the case where you are? That song cracks me up. And speaking of Radio Stations, it also cracks me up thinking of Herb releasing those live Turkeys on WKRP in Cincinnati.

Ok, ok... Warped Thanksgiving memories!

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

Unfortunately only 1 day a year.

But I would like to have at least once a month. So there will be one black Friday every month. Or may be once a week... so every Friday is black Friday and we get 4-day weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast