Noticed Chip N Dough is back!

on a different subject

How many $$ of revenue must you generate for a merchant before you approach them for a higher %??

Vicki

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I saw that... Maybe there's hope of seeing those commissions yet! They're currently Extended for non-payment. I have to say I was shocked to see Chip-N-Dough back! I do notice they wrecked the commission down to 7% now...so their chance of getting any coverage on the pages which have traffic coming is rather minimal!

As for hitting up merchants for a higher percentage, sorry, but I can't offer any hints there. The increases I've gotten came from merchants who raised my percentage out of the blue (Thanks, to them!), as opposed to negotiations. I will defer the answering to someone who's gotten their increases by negotiations.

I've approached several merchants about higher incentives. Out of about 30 requests 20 were increased. (Estimated numbers)

When my sites do about $1000 in one month for a program consistently for at least 2 months I like to send an email politely asking for more returns so that I may increase their exposure even more in my network.

Good Luck

Thanks for the response Shawn.

I was hoping it wasn't to high of a $$ amount. I've had a couple good months with one merchant (all google traffic) but they only pay a $5 flat rate on all sales. Its nice for the $20-30 sales, but lately there have been an increasing # of $300 plus sales, which makes me want to find a different merchant who pays a good 10% or more. The only problem there is that they may not convert as well.

I'll wait and see if this google reindex changes my ranking on keywords and if not, I will give it a try....what do I have to lose?

Vicki

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread