Is it insane to sign up for a program with a 3 month epc? Specifically I'm talking about freestyleshop . They have items that would work with my site but I don't want to be foolish spending a week making pages either! Anyone have feedback on them?

I'm not affiliated with them, so I can't tell you about my experience. But an 11 cent 3 month EPC sounds awfully low. What do they sell? If it's a bunch of really cheap stuff, they may be OK, but I question spending a lot of time on a merchant who won't pay much even if they do convert well.

Perhaps the site was down due to technical problems, or links were bad. Who knows. But if you do the math to determine what it takes to earn only an 11 cent EPC, you will see that it might not be worth your time in the long run.

Wouldn't you rather have one $50 commission instead of 50 25 cent ones? I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you why the EPC is so low, you could also check the trend graph to see if they're trending up or down.

Andy

Well, whether or not you should promote them depends entirely on whether you think your traffic is worth an eleventh of a cent per click.

Thanks. They have skateboards and things like that so it should be higher.Is it possible they only have like 1 or 2 affiliates?
    Everything on front page is 100.00.. I guess something is wrong. But I've had merchants with 2.00 epc where my epc for them was 6.00...

A low EPC can mean two things. Either there are hardly any sales or they are converting the traffic horribly. I did notice their lack of a product catalog...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

Maybe they'd convert better for affiliates if they started tracking phone orders. I counted FreeStyleShop's 800 number 5 times on their checkout page.

Thanks guys.. I guess another possiblity for low epc is tracking problem, but I'm not going to "test" it with a 99.00 sale right now.

Joey- True about that 800 number stuff- I noticed it on the banner too. It screams do not order online...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread