Hello, im with clickbank and Ive been very happy with them. But as of late my sales have dropped very badly and Ive had some emails from customers saying they cant get their credit cards accepted. Is anyone else having similar problems, and if so, any explanation?

I recently tried to make a ClickBank purchase with a credit card that has some misspellings and oddities in the billing address and it was refused. Luckily, I had another card to use, however, it wouldn't go through because I was logged on to an IP addy too far from the card address. (geez, just when you think you can be anywhere, log on and shop!)

This is good for those of us who have ever had our cc numbers ripped on the net.

However, for those of us who have a legitimate card that doesn't pass automatic s/w checks, this is a pain. And for affiliates who are sending such customers.

The problem is that CB is a very inexpensive way to accept cc payments, so they don't act as a great communicator between RejectedCardHolder and MerchantSite. I seem to recall just getting landed on a rejection page at CB. Don't know if the merchant got a report of a failed order or not. I would assume not.

I've had customers at my site with that problem and if they had not contacted me I would never have known.

I put up supplimental PAYPAL buy links too but once irritated, the customer leaves. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Not always but often enough.

The other problem with the PayPal links is that it's not fair to your ClickBank affiliates. If you get paid via your PayPal link, then the CB affiliate who sent traffic does not get a commission.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread