I would like to write some reviews of the clickbank products of which I am selling or intend to sell. Obviously I want to do this to build content and search related terms. My question...have any of you ever contacted clickbank merchants for content or possibly a free copy of the product so that you could write reviews/content? If so, how do you reccomend going about it?
    Thanks.

Buy the product and write your own review.

Clickbank has very few good products, most of what they have is crap. I don't know how willing they would be to provide any help. You might have better luck writing the owner of the product you're selling and make a deal with him/her.

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Buy the product and write your own review. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Huh? I don't believe that's the way it works. I don't know anything about Clickbank products but I also don't know of a single reviewer that could follow this advice and survive.

I get lots of unsolicited books for review. If I paid for a quarter of these I'd go broke in no time.

Wayne

The comment or question was pretty general in nature. Anyone can say that they want to write a review on a product but they all might have different reasons for saying or doing so.

If people approach you to write a review on their book, they shouldn't expect you to buy the book, they should give it to you. After all, you're doing them a favor, or so they expect.

But if you approach them to review their product, why should the owner or the network give it to you for free unless you're well known in the industry you're writing about? They don't know you from a hole in the ground no more than you know anything about their product. If they start giving products to everyone who asks for it just because they want to write a review, how are they going to make money? I would ask to see some kind of credibility before I gave it away to someone who just came out of nowhere with the request.

That was my reasoning.

There is nothing like personal endorsement to sell a product online if you can show credibility in what you're talking about. The products I push most on my content site I use every day and bought them myself. I promote them based on personal experience with them.

I think the best bet would be to contact the owner of the product and make a deal with him/her. One on one contact is always better in a situation like this. The network itself has nothing to do with this. CJ or Linkshare couldn't give you a product for free, they would tell you to contact the merchant. I would think that Clickbank would react the same way.

Just my thoughts...

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    Absolutely right. The product distributer needs to know there is the possibility of some return on their investment in providing an item for review. An option is to request a product "test-drive" with the return of the product (at their expense) understood.

In my case, most unsolicited books don't get reviewed. None get returned.

Wayne

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread