What's wrong with clickbank? There's NO system of accountability that ensures that when someone makes a sale I get commissions for it. So what if I send my name in a url to the site identifying who I am because there's nothing that forces the merchant to use a cookie to track that I sent them there... for all I know, the instant they click on something else, my information is lost so they collect 100% of the sales. Check out these stats. I sent hundreds of clicks to clickbank merchats and was never credited for one sale. This seems abnormal when you compare it to my own company's product.

Product | Clicks | CTR |Sales |
    ------------------------------------------
    ClickBank Products | 300 | 0.8% | $0 |
    My Product | 105 | 0.2% | $800 |

CTR="Click through rate"... the percentage of clicks per the number of times the ad was shown.

My products clicks were lower. The click-through-rate is 1/4th that of the clickbank products, meaning that a lot more people were enticed by the clickbank ads than my own ads. Yet I got ZERO sales from clickbank.

I smell fraud.

Stop letting these guys steal your money.

Find a system that has accountabilty... e.g. what if they bought the products directly FROM YOU and you bought them wholesale from the merchants. Sounds more fair.

Well what exactly is it you are trying to sell from them? They don't have a lot of quality products. Maybe it's the product?

I've been starting to wonder about the people who are always crowing about their Clickbank sales. I have one campaign going that's averaging over 6% CTR for several hundred clicks with not a single sale.

Without even getting into technical issues, I'm starting to think the commission rates speak for themselves. If the products were good enough that they sold on their own, why would any merchant offer 40% commissions?

Jason,

The merchant's don't have to write a cookie or do any tracking on their end since both the referal and the sale are completed by Clickbank.

I agree that it is probably the product. Try another until you find one that works.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    and lets not forget this beauty of an issue I posted a while back
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> posted April 18, 2004 09:11 PM
    Did you know they want you to sell products from 4 different companies before they will issue you a cheque even if you have reached the minimums.

I go slow promoting places I am unsure on, so I did a bit but not much with them.
    I made it over the minimum, noticed they kept deducting a dollar a month (did you know about that too?)and I never saw my cheque
    After two tries to get an answer this is what they come back with to me.

I won't say what I really think they are doing, but the tactics are certainly questionable, with nothing clearly stating as such in the TOS.
    So if you are considering doing anything with them, better be aware of what they do first.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I receive checks from them and I only promote one merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    thats right from the horses mouth when I asked where payment was
    So..... as I feel you have really confirmed they will do things as they want when they want
    Amazing how for a lousy $13.00 in commissions and to close my account so we could both move on they wouldn't
    The shit and abuse they may have to tolerate due to this is of their own accord

I agree with Jane in that it doesn't seem that they really have that much to offer. I couldn't find a good niche marketable item there, so I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of their links have been removed from mine.

WW, don't hold back...just say what's on your mind...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread