http://clickbank.com/legal.html
    You agree that you will not engage in activities that inferfere with our tracking of commissions, or with the normal flow of traffic from affiliates to vendors.

Further Clarification

"The ClickBank Client Contract (please see http://clickbank.com/legal.html ) has been updated to specifically address the concerns some of our affiliates have expressed regarding certain practices which could possibly interfere with the normal traffic flow between Affiliates and Vendors. It is our stated policy that if you promote products listed by ClickBank, you agree that you will not engage in activities that interfere with our tracking of commissions, or with the normal flow of traffic from affiliates to vendors.

Affiliates or Vendors who utilize adware, spyware, affiliate management software, or other applications which redirect legitimate traffic or otherwise tamper with the proper tracking of earned commissions may have their accounts terminated.

In addition to updating our Client Contract with this clarification, in the past few days we have taken other security steps to reduce the likelihood that this kind of activity will be rewarded. While we cannot publicly divulge any actions we may have taken with respect to specific clients, we can say that we have and will continue to take steps to monitor and terminate any Affiliates or Vendors who engage in such practices in an attempt to tamper with commissions.

Vendors who may be running third-party add-on software are responsible to be sure that this software does not interfere with the traffic generated or commissions earned by Affiliates that are promoting your products. Such interference would cause you to be in violation of your agreement with ClickBank. The security measures we have taken and will be taking in the next few days are likely to cause this type of software to malfunction and could result in lost sales. Disabling these features should prevent the possibility of any lost sales."

One software program vendor has already posted notification on that site that it will be changing its coding and notifing all their clients!

Looks like ClickBank may be doing some house cleaning.
    Mash Your Motor!

http and a telephoto
    Cool, now they have to enforce it....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I would think at least paying their affiliates (or me at least as I was due) should have been a priority
    Enforce all they want, doesn't mean squat if they aren't going to pay you

walley i had the same problem before when i started. i had my min. payment set to 100 i think and i wasnt promoting but did get a sale. after several months 1 dollar was deducted each month. it says there in the tos and everything else why those fees are taken. i dont like the rule but thats what it says. i have decreased my min and i have received my checks like clockwork. im happy they are finally changing things for the better so to speak.

Originally posted by sil:
    walleye i had the same problem before when i started. i had my min. payment set to 100 i think and i wasnt promoting but did get a sale. after several months 1 dollar was deducted each month. it says there in the tos and everything else why those fees are taken. i dont like the rule but thats what it says. i have decreased my min and i have received my checks like clockwork. im happy they are finally changing things for the better so to speak.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread