More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Have any of you had problems with fraud? I am not quite sure how anybody could defraud you except for replacing your id with their's when buying a product - that would only happen if they themselves were clickbank affiliates so it doesn't concern me too much. Are there other ways to lose commissions and would masking solve this?

Also, I find incredible amounts of copyright violation among affiliates. I just reported a ton so I appreciate that Clickbank takes measures.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Just sent clickbank and email listing the 5 or so sites copying my content. Unless I hear back from them quite soon, I think I will just drop them.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Not all networks will take action against site copiers, even if their T&Cs say they do. It's worth a try though.

However, if the site copier is hosting in the US or some other country that enforces copyright laws, you should be able to get their web host to take the site down. The DMCA is good for this.

Unless the host takes rapid action, you might also want to file a DMCA complaint with Google and other search engines. I just cam http://www.seologic.com/faq/dmca-notifications.php which looks useful (ignore the out-of-date info on AltaVista thought)

Site copiers are a serious threat - if Google or other search engines detect the pages as a duplicate, you could be dropped from the search engine results altogether.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thanks for the helpful information. I tried emailing one of the offenders but my email was returned, as is usually the case whenever emailing a slime-bag.

What percentage of your site was copied?

Are you an affiliate or merchant?

Just wondering.

Rondo

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread