quote:
    Dear Merchant,

The eBay Affiliate Team thanks you for your continued support and patience during last week's tracking problem. We apologize and have been working hard to fix the bug and compensate you accurately. Below is an outline of the tracking issue and eBay's solution:

PROBLEM
    - Tracking tags on eBay's pages for bids and BINs (sales) encountered a bug in mid-November.
    - Tracking tags on eBay's pages for registration activities (leads) encountered the same bug in mid-November.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO DATE
    - eBay fixed the tagging problem on 11/21 and, as of 11/22, all transactions were posting properly again.
    - Commission Junction has been diligently working to pull information from the back-end data system for the affected period.

NEXT STEPS
    - Beginning Tuesday 11/25, Commission Junction has been posting back your transactions from the affected period. In addition, CJ will be auditing all of your transactions through the beginning of November to make sure that nothing has been overlooked. This loading process will take a staged approach. As such, we anticipate that you will see transactions added back to your account through Saturday 11/29.
    - eBay will audit these files on Monday 12/1 by comparing the interface data with the reports generated from eBay's internal tracking system.
    - We will send a follow up message on Wednesday 12/3 to make sure you have the latest update.

Thank you again for your patience during the recent tracking glitch. And please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns at affiliates@ebay.com.

Sincerely,

The eBay Affiliate Team

Thank you, eBay! You should be commended for the diligent effort you have made in making sure that we are compensated accurately.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see any posting of trans. last 2-3 days.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

I haven't seen any .5 added to my acct in the last week...is anyone getting theirs?

I know for a fact that there has been a lot of bidding going on on eBay resulting from links on my site -friends and family bidding for Christmas presents-, yet no changes since my last reported commission on 11/23.

Something's wrong, definitely. eBay is my only constant performer...

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

I've been getting my nickels every day.

I received credit for a number of bids; they came in starting on 11/25 until 11/27.

However, I am concerned about two things.

First, although the missing bid problem was very evident starting on 11/17, I also received belated credit for sporadic bids placed on 11/11 to 11/14. Why did they find missing bids from that time period? Why did most bids come in just fine during that period, but some were missed? Could other bids from other time periods have been missed too?

Second, I did not receive any registrations from 11/18 to 11/27. A 9 day lapse between registrations is very unusual for me.

Finally, I have implemented the SID for the eBay editor kit. My results are puzzling.

I got two registrations that I could match to a bid using the SID. I also received credit for these active registrations.

I got two registrations from clicks that were made much earlier than the registration event. One registration was credited on 11/29 with a click date of 11/2, and the other was credited on 11/28 with a click date of 11/14. I don't know why someone would finally decide to register for eBay but not bid on anything. That does't make sense.

I also got two registrations that I have no corresponding bid for. However, I store the IP in the SID so I can tell if two transactions are related. The registration SID had an IP pointing to an address of [65.141.141.18] 0-1pool141-18.nas6.norwalk1.ct.us.da.qwest.net, registration on 11/30. I have a corresponding bid from an address of 65.141.141.109 [0-1pool141-109.nas6.norwalk1.ct.us.da.qwest.net], made on 12/1. What are the odds of two people from the same ISP/modem pool bidding on eBay via my links so close to each other, especially when I only get 20-30 bids per day? I would think that these two transactions are probably the same eBay bidder.

I had the same instance with a registration from 64.12.96.237 [cache-mtc-al08.proxy.aol.com] and a bid from the very same IP address but on a different date and via clicking on my link again (so another cookie). That one is less certain, since it's an AOL proxy, but it also seems suspect.

I wonder if someone registering via eBay, then coming back and bidding via my link (or someone else's link), somehow cancels out the original cookie and therefore invalidates the original registration, even though the registering user placed a bid?

If I don't get credit for this registration in the next few days, I'm going to inquire about it with their rep.

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

ABW Ambassador
    Still not seeing anything, i usually get about 30 nickels and a few registrations a day and have nothing being reported last few days.

BeFree is also having problems with the eBay reporting. I'm an affiliate through BeFree, and the reporting has been messed up since around the 17th of November. I received an email announcing the problems were fixed on the 26th of November, but our numbers are still way down. So, anyway I guess it is an eBay problem more than a CJ or a BeFree issue. Hopefully they will get it corrected soon.

Just a followup -- I did in fact get credit for both registrations, even though the bid was made from a different IP address. I have to say, I'm impressed.

I still can't figure out why someone would register 28 days after the initial click, but still not bid.

http://www.hockeydb.com

ABW Ambassador
    I guess they're reporting again, had 5 nickels and a registration come in the last hour. Hopefully they'll add the missing days soon.

Ralph,

Can you post a URL that has an eBay editor kit or similar with a SID link code in it?

thx

Ralph,

quote:
    I got two registrations from clicks that were made much earlier than the registration event. One registration was credited on 11/29 with a click date of 11/2, and the other was credited on 11/28 with a click date of 11/14. I don't know why someone would finally decide to register for eBay but not bid on anything. That does't make sense.
    Actually, if you refer the registration and later another affiliate refers the first bid (which activates the registration and earns you a commission) that affiliate would get credited with the bid commission (and as I just said, you get the registration commission). This way it doesn't matter how or from which computer they make their first bid, we synch it up with the registration you referred and credit you. If you send both the registration and the first bid, you get both commissions.

I hope this makes sense.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like reporting is getting updated, starting to see nickels from Nov 18 and Nov 26.

ABW Ambassador
    Just flooding in now, it's a beautiful thing.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread