Remember the hints that contextual ads were in CJ's future? ( http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=5956004044 ) .

My theory is that Overture will be the source behind it. Let's face it - Google Adsense stormed onto our sites all over like The Big Bang. The approval process for Google Adsense was easy and quick for virtually everyone. Maybe Overture realizes that they need to try and capture that advertising marketshare on our sites that Google Adsense currently has. Utilizing CJ and it's huge network of affiliates would be an easy route to potentially capture some of that market. Webmasters would like to see which of their sites are producing the best results and currently with Google Adsense - we don't know which sites are producing the best. CJ's interface would likely do it.

Overture already has a relationship with CJ and CJ would need an easy route to target the contextual ad market and not start from scratch. The answer - partner up with Overture to compete against Google Adsense.

Just my theory!

Larry Wentz

AffiliateNetwork.org newWebsite.com (Host 200 Domains - $29/Month)

I am going to kick back and see what's about to take place!

But a very interesting take on Overtures new interest!

SandraR

quote:
    Webmasters would like to see which of their sites are producing the best results and currently with Google Adsense - we don't know which sites are producing the best. CJ's interface would likely do it.

After seeing my CJ links not show up when working on a couple of my aunts computers and being blocked out. This is one webmaster who won't be giving the CJ links a chance. CJ really needs to come to grips with what is going on with their links and come up with a fix. This isn't as minimal of a problem as Todd makes it out to be. When 2 women in their 60's has whatever installed on their computer to make CJ links not show up on my site, it's time something is done to fix the problem. JMO of course

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's the Overture part I don't like. After the way they've treated affiliates who try to buy listings, they can take a hike. Overture's links won't replace AdSense on my sites, whether they run through CJ or not!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

I also am much more likely to utilize Google Adsense rather than Overture because of the massive amount of time wasted with Overture's irrelavent relavency problem. However - I always like increased competition - especially in the contextual ad market.

I know there are several contextual ad programs out there besides Google Adsense and Overture. Anbody want to throw out some names?

Larry Wentz

AffiliateNetwork.org newWebsite.com (Host 200 Domains - $29/Month)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread