Since there seems to have been an unannounced change in the way eBay.ca registers leads, I am probably going to drop the program. I'm referring to the "Americans don't get credited with eBay.ca, Canadians don't get credited with eBay.com" rule.

My site gets a blend of both US and Canadian customers. Since I display lists of hockey cards to visitors, it is a natural fit for an eBay program.

The eBay.com editor kit has been a boon for my site, I get 20-30 leads a month from it. I was getting 10 or so leads per month from eBay.ca up until March, at which point I dropped to 2-3 leads per month, with none so far this month.

I have to believe that people from Canada are going to my site, seeing the eBay.com Editor Kit results. They click through on the .com link, get redirected to the .ca site, register, and eBay gets a new lead with no payment to me.

eBay should either not redirect from .com to .ca, or should communicate between the two sites so that the affiliates don't get screwed.

As it stands both eBay.com and eBay.ca point their finger at each other and say "it's not my problem, it's the other eBay's problem".

That's just not right.

http://www.hockeydb.com

The system they have sucks! To expect us to sort out our visitors ourselves and send them to the right ebay is just a way of cutting us out of the loop. The technology exists so that this shouldn't be an issue for ebay at all.

Hi Ralph -

I apologize for my delay in getting back to you. I was away on an eBay.ca road trip in the eastern provinces of Canada.

You are 100% right in stating that you should be paid for ANY eBay lead that you deliver...regardless of where the user comes from. And we want you to earn that commission. I can only say that it is a top priority of ours to get all eBay programs aligned. However, it is taking some time.

I do not want to lose you as an affiliate and understand your point of view. We are working very hard and believe that major changes are to be coming soon.

Thanks,
    Eric

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread