Hi All -

I can't thank Haiko enough for building this wonderful affiliate board.

Now, I'd like to take advantage of it and let you know that I am here for YOU! My success is truly based on your success and I will do everything that I can to help you succeed. What I need from you is for all of you to let me know what you want. Do you need a certain creative, do you want a certain incentive program, do you need to know something about eBay.ca. Your input is imperative!

I look forward to a great year together so take advantage of me and build this program...it is here for you!

Sincerely,
    Eric
    affiliatesmanager@ebay.ca

It would be helpful if ebay affiliates could know the auction id's of auctions that result in bids, buy it nows, or leads.
    Also it would be very valuable information to be able to know what was searched for how many times a month at ebay. Thats probably very proprietary data though.

That sort of information could be very helpful and would help affiliates promote the program better tremendously.

Also it is a bit silly for ebay's US affiliate program to not pay for Canadian bids and leads. Why can't affiliates be paid for this and all countries ebay pays for as far as leads, buy it nows, and sales.

Buy it nows should pay more than mere bids too.
    I would say 20 to 25 cents for each buy it now is about right since ebay's minimum listing fee is about what 25 cents?

OnlineSoldier.com

The webmaster's guide to the war which is the web. Analyze monetization, visitor retention, and promotion.

Hi firstmark -

Regarding the auction id's that result in bids. That information would be impossible to release. However, I will provide you with top search keywords. I will place that info. in our monthly eBay.ca Insight affiliate newsletter. It gets sent out towards the end of each month.

Yes, we are working on getting 1 standard compensation model.

Thanks,
    Eric
    affiliatesmanager@ebay.ca

Why would it be impossible to reveal the auctions that resulted in commissions being delivered to affiliates? Is it technically impossible at present or impossible from a privacy perspective?

At least being able to know what categories and search phrases result in bids would be very helpful. Affiliates as it is not just throw up a bunch of links not knowing which ones are effective. Professionals working with this type of data could yield far better results. Also I think a small recurring income for all sign ups would be a good idea too. Like 1 cent per bid or less for all bids a person who signs up under a given affiliate generates in the future.

A common commission model for all of Ebays country oriented affiliate programs would be very helpful. I imagine many affiliates do not know the US program does not compensate for Canadian leads or other countries. I didn't until I read it here.

OnlineSoldier.com

The webmaster's guide to the war which is the web. Analyze monetization, visitor retention, and promotion.

hi firstmark, these are all great comments. The reason that we can't give you the information is because of technical reasons. At this point we only track the leads and some of the resulting activity. However, we are moving towards 1 seemless eBay pay-out to all affiliates.

Thanks,
    Eric

Is there an affiliatic way to link to eBay.ca's On The Road program?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread