I've just noticed that CJ have removed the notice about the delayed transactions - which indicates that they think the problem has now been solved.

But I haven't seen any transactions for the period November 26th to December 2nd for some merchants that batch their transactions (for example Kays), so it looks like missing batched transactions have NOT been updated with the others.

Can someone at CJ (Todd?) look into this and tell us what is happening.

If an advertiser has batched their txns to us, then they are reflected in the reporting. If the advertiser has not sent us their data, then it will not be reflected in the reporting until they send it to us.

If you look at the advertiser detail page, you can see when they transmitted their last three batches.

Kays looks like this:
    Last Batch Data Transfer Dates:
    7-Dec-2003, 21:25 PST
    7-Dec-2003, 19:22 PST
    6-Dec-2003, 21:24 PST

I checked their account and the most recent txns have event dates of Dec, 7, so they seem to be up to date. I also looked at event dates for txn posted in December and November 24 - 30 were included.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd, I don't think you've understood the point I'm trying to make.

I know Kays send their batch transactions through every day.

But there was a reporting problem between November 26th and December 2nd for some merchants, for some affiliates.

Kays is one of those merchants that was affected for me. So even though they posted their batches every day, as normal, I didn't see any transactions for the dates when there was the reporting problem. And when the missing transactions for my other merchants came though last week, I didn't get any for Kays or any other batch processing merchants.

So it looks to me like these merchants were not included in the 'fix' for the reporting problems.

Todd, just to illustrate my point, here's a list of the number of sales (by event date) for the merchants I believe I'm missing sales for:

Date / Sales
    Nov 24 / 5
    Nov 25 / 4
    Nov 26 / 0
    Nov 27 / 0
    Nov 28 / 0
    Nov 29 / 0
    Nov 30 / 0
    Dec 1 / 0
    Dec 2 / 3

The acknowledged problem with the CJ reporting system started on November 26th, and was fixed on December 2nd.
    My sales for these merchants stopped on November 26th, and started again on December 2nd.

Do you notice a pattern here?

Surely you're not going to tell me it's just a coincidence that I had no sales on the days there was a problem, when I get sales for these merchants almost every day?

The sales obviously went missing, along with those for several other merchants, but unlike the other merchants the sales for these batch processing merchants haven't been restored.

(The merchants I'm talking about are Kays, Argos Additions, Abound, Marshall Ward and Bargain Crazy, who all report their sales by batch every day)

OK, so I may be wrong (first time, btw ). We still need to correct some batches for certain affiliations that were affected by a programming error last week. I am having someone look into when we expect to get this resolved.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

I never received an email from CJ about delayed reporting for any of my mechants and my sales for Nov. 26 - 28 were way below normal (like 10% of what I'm getting now). Is there a list somewhere of the merchants that were affected by this delay?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

quote:
    I never received an email from CJ about delayed reporting for any of my mechants and my sales for Nov. 26 - 28 were way below normal (like 10% of what I'm getting now). Is there a list somewhere of the merchants that were affected by this delay?
    I suggest you contact client services by web or phone to see if your account was affected. BTW, I heard the few outstanding batch txns will be updated either later today of tomorrow.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Todd if you get a chance can you check my post below, about the newsletter and links. thanks

Have you been naughty or nice?

Thanks for the reply Todd.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread