All,

I wanted to address something that I was afraid was an issue and it was recently revealed to me that it must be. See below:

quote:
    Originally posted by jane:
    How long does it take to get approved...my status has been pending for several weeks

quote:
    Originally posted by Vanns.com - Matt:
    Jane,

I approve applicants normally within 24 hours. If your status is pending it may be because I have offered you our 4th quarter incentive tier and you need to go in and accept it.

At the bottom of your Account Home Page on CJ you'll see "Quick Tasks". One choice is "Review offers pending your approval" Click here and you should see any programs (hopefully including ours) that have offered you something other than their "Default" terms. You have to accept these in order for everything to become active.

I was afraid this may be happening and you've confirmed my suspicions. I'm going to make a posting about this in the CJ Forum as well.

Thanks Jane! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    netProfits Affiliate Program
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

If you've recently applied to a program and "haven't heard anything back yet" from them, you may want to check this out.

I was afraid that I had a lot of approved applicants that I had offered our 4th quarter terms to that hadn't approved my offer yet....apparently, there's at least one.

I hope that CJ will do something about this to make these offers more noticeable...that'd be nice.

Just an FYI for you all.

Thanks,

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

Okay,

So I just looked and I have 333 pending offers!

This is ridiculous CJ! You've got to make this a more easily noticed thing. I've got 333 people that could be making me money and making money for themselves!

Please address this ASAP so that your livelyhood, my affiliates livelyhood and mine don't continue to be affected!

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

Granted, I'll take some of the fault on this for not following up on something I should have. But why is this a problem? Why is it hard for affiliates to find this? Why make it difficult for all of us to earn money?

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

ABW Ambassador
    I have been using CJ for well over a year now, and I only recently found out that I have to manually accept offers.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I'm sorry but I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone - merchant or publisher - who doesn't know how to use the interface by now.

If you earn a living through affiliate marketing isn't it part of your job to know how the bleedin' interface works!

You didn't know how to manually accept offers? What do you do all day if you aren't checking your cj mail, your pending offers, etc? They're marked TODAYS TASKS for petes sake!

Matt, I have complained, filed product suggestion tickets, wrote an entire letter to several CJ officials, gave my input on the survey and complain to Todd Crawford every once in a while about this. Despite what people *should* check, most don't. My suggestion is an email either when the offer is made or once a week listing the pending offers. I do know that in Q1 CJ will be releasing version 7.0 of the manager. Hopefully we'll see it then...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

In CJ's defense, I have seen them pop up a reminder in the Messages box on the home page.
    I would agree that it seems a bit cumbersome but it has been that way for quite a while.

CDC

I check my pending offers everyday when I go in to check my cj mail.
    It is under a heading that says "Today's Tasks"

I think maybe many people just pop in to get links or to check stats and don't take the time to notice anything else.

Maybe if they put the important stuff on the report pages people would notice easier?

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ThoughTurkey - I can see your point that's why I said some of the fault is mine. I should've been following up on this but seeing that I not only run our affiliate program but our entire web site, sales team & warehouse I'm a bit busy and was thinking that most people would figure it out on their own...guess not. At the same time though...most people get zero training on how to use CJ's interface and have to teach themselves. I'm still learning obviously as are many others. Not to mention all those new users out there that just joined. So while I can see both sides of the coin...I guess I'd rather teach my affiliates and help make them aware of things like this as they come up.

Akiva - that's a good suggestion and something I'll have to start employing.

I just wanted to draw attention to this as it's obviously something that a lot of people are missing.

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

[This message was edited by Vanns.com - Matt on December 09, 2003 at 07:40 PM.]

This is just my take: This biz moves fast, when I am building a site for a certen product or nitch I am working on that site NOW. If I do not get auto approval I look eleswhere until I find a merchant that has what I want that auto approves me I go with that merchant and get back to work building pages.
    I know the time delay is to try to weed out parasites and other bad apples, but is hard to put on the brakes and wait for a merchant when you are in the middle of a site and the creative juices are flowing.
    Just my 2 cents

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

same for me.....check mail....pending offers and Stats every 10 mins !! It's the only way to keep on top of it all And i've been with CJ since about July..and have pretty well got the hang of it.....and i'm no IT guru.....i'm kinda on the side of Tough Turkey...if you want to make money....you need to give it 110% and then another 50 !

Malc www.ktmkiddy.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    They're marked TODAYS TASKS for petes sake!

And there's part of the problem. I loathe to check it. AS IF CJ or anybody else is going to tell me what I should do today!

But the BIGGEST, "more real" part of the problem is that there's usually nothing behind that link. No offers pending my approval, no expiring programs. So 90% of the time it's a wasted click.

Links which usually lead to nothing are soon ignored, and then on the rare occasion that there actually *is* a pending offer behind that link, it gets missed.

That heading of theirs doesn't help a bit--once the person learns that there's usually nothing going on it goes right into the bit bucket along with that announcement at the top of the page that they leave the same way too long.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    Granted, I don't use CJ that much anymore, but I've been with CJ for over two years and I never knew that we had to look there for that information.

I probably did what I'm sure a lot of people do and looked at everything when I first joined and then just focused on the important parts of the interface which to me are the stats and merchant links. I had to search to find the today's tasks link for this discussion.

Kip

Leader and Kip,
    both very good points.

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Dittos, what he said, even if he did mispell nitche & certin:
    quote:
    This biz moves fast, when I am building a site for a certen product or nitch I am working on that site NOW. If I do not get auto approval I look eleswhere until I find a merchant that has what I want that auto approves me I go with that merchant and get back to work building pages.

If a merchant or affiliate find out later that they don't like one another, either one can always pull the plug. I'd think a toothpaste merchant would love having ads on a pervert site and who cares if it's ugly as long as it sales! Even if it don't sale, it didn't cost the merchant anything to find out. I think most of this approval stuff is more ego tripping than anything else.

Nothing less than 10% com, 30 day cookies and unlimited occurences!!

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader
    Links which usually lead to nothing are soon ignored, and then on the rare occasion that there actually *is* a pending offer behind that link, it gets missed.

Yes, the only option on pending offers is when we wish to decline (very, very rare) otherwise the pending offer would automatically be approved on the effective day. So I check it (if nothing else to do) once in a few days. Usually I login directly to the Transaction Report page and then refresh and refresh.

I have a bad experience with the Pending Applications. One of the merchants was suddenly disappeared: no more listed on Pending Applications, not listed on By Relationship, and not received any “sorry mail”. Lately, I found the merchant on the Pending Offers! I thought that they approved my application and at the same time they changed the terms.

Even so, I do like CJ interface, much …much more than other Networks. My only request is unlock tracking!

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

ABW Ambassador
    I do not use commission junction very much, that is why I never noticed that I had to manually accept offers.
    I suppose I should start doing more with commission junction

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    I believe I read somewhere that, if you do NOT accept these offers, if a sale is made through your existing links, you do NOT get any commission. In effect, if a merchant is in that Pending Offers box, your status with that merchant goes into LIMBO.

Also, a majority of merchants are dropping their rates and cookie durations. This is where I do my most deactivations!

It has become a HABIT along with the mail box and commission check. I suggest people get INTO the habit.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread