Thread: JewelryList.com Terminated without Pay for Cookie Setting

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All,

JewelryList.com has been Terminated on the Mondera.com program for Cookie Setting through the use of what we deem to be unfair practices.

They will be terminated across all WSO merchant partners. If they have generated any commission it will be paid to Michael Coley for finding the cookie for us. That said I don't think they've got any commission, sorry Michael. Hope that large check from NetMagazines will suffice

JewelryList.com were given an opportunity to respond and declined to do so.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

ABW Ambassador
    For what it's worth, jewelrylist.com belongs to Goldenmine. Yes, THAT Goldenmine.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

Chris I would like to commend you for taking this action. If only all merchants would do the same thing, it would sure make the honest affiliates of this world much happier

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> For what it's worth, jewelrylist.com belongs to Goldenmine. Yes, THAT Goldenmine.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Very interesting! Says quite a bit about Goldenmine.
    Cazzie

Fight Back! Parasite Free In 2004!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks for pointing that out to Chris and all of us Chief_Beef. As the cookie stuffers get outed many unknown commission con-games will appear. Goldenmine.com is a direct merchant competitor to Mondera, who picked up affiliate tricks for cookie setting clicks, and made some affiliate sites. Their sleezeball management, not content pushing their crappy non-reporting jewelry lines through CJ, decide to pilfer commissions from other jewelry merchants ecashregisters.

GoldenMine offers 14k, 18k gold jewelry, platinum and silver jewelry at wholesale discount prices, including gold chains, engagement rings, wedding rings with diamonds, diamond wedding bands, bracelets, cz earrings, charms, pendants, watches, omega necklaces at our online jewelry store. Our gold and diamond jewelry is wholesale priced.

606 S. Hill St. Suite 210
    Los Angeles, CA 90014
    US
    Phone: 2136291356
    Fax..: 2136229524
    Email: brianree@goldenmine.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: GOLDENMINE.COM

Created on..............: Thu, Jun 10, 1999
    Expires on..............: Sun, Jun 10, 2007
    Record last updated on..: Wed, Nov 19, 2003

Administrative Contact:
    GOLDENMINE.COM
    Golden Mine
    606 S. Hill St. Suite 210
    Los Angeles, CA 90014
    US
    Phone: 2136291356
    Fax..: 2136229524
    Email: brianree@goldenmine.com
    606 S Hill, #210
    Los Angeles, CA 90014
    US
    Phone: 8188188181
    Email: brianree@hotmail.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: JEWELRYLIST.COM

Created on..............: Wed, Nov 03, 1999
    Expires on..............: Mon, Nov 03, 2008
    Record last updated on..: Fri, Nov 07, 2003

Administrative Contact:
    JewelryList
    Brian Ree
    606 S Hill, #210
    Los Angeles, CA 90014
    US
    Phone: 8188188181
    Email: brianree@hotmail.com

Nice move Chris as you killed two birds with one stone by finding a sleezy competitor willing to act as a sleezeball Mondera affiliate breaking your rules and those of 2 networks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    If they have generated any commission it will be paid to Michael Coley for finding the cookie for us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not interested in any reward or recognition. I wasn't really even the one who found it. I couldn't find it myself at first. I just emailed directions on how and where to find it to a couple of the affected Affiliate Managers.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    leesgold.com also belongs to them, or to one of their cohorts.

You may want to take a look at them as well.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Wow...that's one for the books, thanks.. Chief Beef

ALEX get of the keyboard while Daddy is typing!!! Kids love 'em .

ABW Ambassador
    The real kicker is that Goldenmine is one of the top jewelry sites on the internet.

It would be understandable if it was some taxi driver grabbing at straws to make a quick buck. But an established entity like Goldenmine? Sheeee-it!

If they're setting cookies for other CJ merchants who they don't even display ads for, some stuff is surely gonna hit the fan.

I attended PubCon and I found out from an angry affiliate about our forced cookie practice. I was aware of this practice and we did not consider the impact of possibley over-writing our own affiliates' cookies as this was not what was intended.

That said, we implemented this technique only with our customer in mind and that we were blinded by our pursuit to best help our customers.

We get huge amounts of traffic for jewelry that we do not sell. ie. "loose diamonds" which we rank 1 spot below mondera. We get hundreds of calls looking for merchandise that we do not sell, but many top competitors do. Customers often ask, "do you know any stores that offer this?". Even though we knew other merchants, we used to say "no", which we felt was a dis-service to our customers. So we joined on as an affiliate for a few select complementary merchants that we could suggest and implemented forced clicking as an easy way to get credit for the sale. "Forced clicking" was the only way we could be certain of credit and justify sending our customer off to a competitor.

We did not do this with any malicious intent to our affiliates. After it was brought to my attention that we could over-write our own affiliates' cookies, we decided immediately to discontinue this practice. If you go to GoldenMine, you will not see the forced clicking anymore.

Also, not 1 of our 5000 affiliates complained or mentioned that this was a problem. So we didn't think it was an issue at all. Had we heard earlier, we would have addressed the issue sooner.

We have many important stakeholders in our business, with our customer as a #1 priority. Our affiliates are important stakeholders as well, and I apologize for the mis-step.

Brian

www.goldenmine.com

15 years and counting
    BS

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Great attempt at spin and damage control! Couldn't be thay they wanted a free bite of the sale if the customer went and found their competitor through search or by typing it into the browser, either could it? Gotta love these innocents who are just trying to help! What a joker!

Serriously, how dumb do they think we are, anyway? Sorry, but that was d@mned disrespectful to us. The implication is that you think people in this business are plain stupid.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That said, we implemented this technique only with our customer in mind <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha I wonder whose customers you had in mind when you implemented the "techniques" that got you dropped by ODP.

http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/searc...goldenmine.com

The picture gets bigger and bigger. The internet isn't THAT big of a place yet though.

14. Newsletter Signup