Thread: 180Solutions.... This could be interesting

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Sent to a client we removed 180 from...

"My name is Tommy Lee and I am currently managing the Linkshare network at
    180solutions. I recently received this note in regards to being removed from your
    program. I am assuming that we were removed due to your recent partnership with web
    studio-1. I was hoping to answer any questions that you may have directly in hopes to resolve any misconceptions there are out there in regards to our software."

I like how he phrases it, LinkShare at 180, rather than 180 on LinkShare...

Cheers

chris

<font size="1">Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    MSN - Khun Kwai ::: TEL - INT +662 635 1255 ::: URL - www.amwso.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    WesternUnion.com - Netmagazines.com - Mondera.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - GreatSkin.com - Vegas Experts - Pierced Body
    </font>

OH Fudge!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

interesting...

<a href="http://www.parasiteware.com/"target="_blank">Merchants help stop Parasiteware<a>

<font size="2">All Parasiteware, site copiers, spammers, hijackers are scumbags, and should be
    sued for their actions.. <font size="2">be careful you could be the next innocent victim.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was hoping to answer any questions that you may have directly in hopes to resolve any misconceptions there are out there in regards to our software." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've got a question for him. Why does he want to be involved with a company that steals from other affiliates? Does he have no idea of ethics or morals?

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was hoping to answer any questions that you may have directly in hopes to resolve any misconceptions there are out there in regards to our software. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There aren't any misconceptions about your software. It is abusive, invasive, and a parasite.

The only misconceptions out there are the ones that you operate fairly and ethically in the affiliate marketing world.

Why don't you find an honest way to earn a living, instead of depending on the hard work of others and stealing from them?

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Frame it and place it together with the Gator and WhenU inquires. The 3 are the Kings of Sleezy affiliate marketing.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    The question isn't why this guy works for a parasite. No mystery to me why a whore works for a pimp.

The interesting question is why this guy lets slip who runs Linkshare now. Are the foxes brazenly in charge of the henhouse now?

Wayne

Messer had following to say in the linkshare press release of last Jan. 23 relating to browserspam.
    Best for Tommy is to frame this text on his toiletdoor:
    "LinkShare and its partners will not provide a safe haven for unethical advertisers. We view BrowserSpam as a threat to all ethical advertisers and online commerce. It impacts every user's portal to the Internet and has the potential to destroy the consumer online shopping experience," states Stephen Messer, Chairman and CEO of LinkShare Corporation.'
    Wonder if 180Solutions is still participating in individual merchants programs run by Linkshare......or that Tommy has to look for a new job....
    http://www.pikopoki.com/resume/
    pete

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Best for Tommy is to frame this text on his toiletdoor: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

180Solutions are still at Linkshare? I do not understand how that could be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    The question isn't why this guy works for a parasite. No mystery to me why a whore works for a pimp.

Wayne<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    So we asked...and they replied...edited to remove reference to our client.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Hello -

We have a software program that is a comparison shopping engine. A user will do a search on a chosen search engine and we will display our advertisers corresponding url in a new browser session. Everything is highly targeted using specific keywords, so our users only see items related to their current search.

Our keyword list is based on other campaigns that we have loaded into our system that run a
    similar business model. We try and tailor the individual campaigns to suite the traffic needs of the individual site so that there is a conversion rate we can both be happy about.

Our users acquire our software through several different software packages available for
    download. These different software packages range from a movie times application, several other applications, as well as fun web sites such as http://www.captioncity.com. The amount of different packages our software is available through ensures that we have a wide range of Internet users to better represent the online community. All of our users opt into our service and have the option of
    easily uninstalling our program at their discretion.

I can ensure you that only "targeted Visitors", or visitors already looking for better products are being directed to your site.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny he didn't mention the Active X drive by install, the suspected email culling from the user PC, or the targeting of URLs, other affiliates sites or TradeMarks, or the fact that the pop ups can appear multiple times on a site... they undersell themselves

Could of sworn that was all part of the Value Added Package....

Cheers

Chris

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They should run a parallel site like sleezeballAds.com and remove all the confusing hype for the real AdWhores seeking to hijack their competitors sales. No sense in wasting good perfume on the pig when many just want to buy the pork unaltered.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

13. Newsletter Signup