10 out of 17 transactions reversed today (10th). Most with reason other followed by returned merchandise and then duplicate orders.

Ridegear will not see the light of day on my sites again.

I only had one reversed this time, it was small, but in the past I've had the same thing happen to me.

-----------------------------------
    A page a day keeps fresh tires on the Vette...
    -----------------------------------

Call them before you act rash. I had to call Streetbeat yesterday to ask what the heck was up.

Come to find out they are LAZY and only do reversals once a month!

SandraR

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I second the Ridgear complaint, I was just about to start a new thread with the same complaint. (9 of 36) 25% reversal last month - all returned merchandise, this month 50% (9 of 18 orders, one duplicate order (different CJ trans #'s and all the rest "other". Sent an email, just received a response, a month after originally sent. Might be a lazy AM like SandraR said but reversal rate of 50% over several days or one day still stinks

Time for a new Motorcycle merchant, any recommendations.

Atleast they get creative, mostly "returned merchandise" last month, this month all "other" (well on dup order)

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe y'all are targetting the wrong element of society or something.

I don't have much of a reversal problem with them, but it does seem that the items that get reversed tend to be those that would appeal to the outlaw-biker type, as opposed to the upper-middle-class-casual-weekend-rider type.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

50% reversals just smells bad...

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I don't have much of a reversal problem with them, but it does seem that the items that get reversed tend to be those that would appeal to the outlaw-biker type, as opposed to the upper-middle-class-casual-weekend-rider type.
    I resent this remark. Just as a philosophy and belief system should not be pounced upon in the threads on ABW, I consider myself part of this "outlaw biker" faction you speak so lowly of . . . but I don't think you have your facts straight. First find out what an "outlaw biker" is before you accuse the entire population of us.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    outlaw

"Outlaw" being the operative term here I refer to outlaws who just happen to be bikers as well, not bikers in general, particularly not those who would consider themselves "outlaw" just because they don't like to wear a helmet. That's an entirely different animal.

Relevant to the subject at hand. Nothing to do with a "belief system".

Actually the outlaw biker types are the ones with money. These tend to be your middle class worked in a paper mill for 20 years and always wanted a Harley with all the accessories.

Nothing wrong with outlaw biker types to me.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I had a proposal out to them for outsourced management and was one of the final 2 contenders. This was back in July or so. The owner picked the "other guy" though. Sorry some of you got so many reversed sales.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! Click Here!

ABW Ambassador
    I started out doing ok with them, then **BOOM**, over night, the sales stopped. I haven't made a dime on 'em in the last 6 months, and they have prominent placement on one of my most visited pages at my site.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Actually the outlaw biker types are the ones with money. These tend to be your middle class worked in a paper mill for 20 years and always wanted a Harley with all the accessories.

I agree with you 100% Heyder as I see that you refer to the typical leather and bandanna clad, hard-working mechanics. When I say "outlaw" I mean "outlaw". Just because a guy likse to ride, wear a leather jacket and a bandanna, cover up with tattoos, and have a few beers on Saturday afternoon does not make him an "Outlaw Biker"; it just makes him a "Biker".

FWIW I would trust the typical biker before I would trust the local clergy. How's that grab ya?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    FWIW I would trust the typical biker before I would trust the local clergy. How's that grab ya?
    I consider myself "grabbed" . . . but, back to the subject . . . as a biker I would never buy from Ridegear . . . they are too over-priced for most parts.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

ABW Ambassador
    I had no reversals for RideGear.com, not many orders, but we just started with them and it is picking up nicely.

By the way, I did not know outlaw bikers were so sensitive and into that politically correct crap. Probably a bunch of quiche eaters too now.

Oh no the politically correct and quiche-eating crowds are going to get offended now and tell Haiko on me.

LMAO my idea of real bikers wouldn't even care but that is the way the world is going.

Cylcone, do you recommend another shop and hopefully they might have an affiliate program. I think I am done with Ridegear.

ABW Ambassador
    Have RideGear reversals too. Real outlaw bikers don't pay for anything

I work in lounge pants

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread