Thread: Barbie Expansion on Bill Bam - authorized Mattel Barbie Doll dealer

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Everyone

Bill Bam's Collectibles is pleased to announce that we are now an authorized Mattel Barbie Doll dealer. Although we have had much success
    in the past selling Barbies bought from Mattel's major distributors, being able to purchase direct now means we will get the new releases much quicker and we will be able to offer them on our site at a much more competitive price.

Barbie dolls have been a collecting icon since 1959, many fads have come and gone (beanies, furbies, and many more) but Barbie remains a
    strong steady seller. A key factor in the selling of Barbie's these days is the fact that Mattel no longer sells the limited edtion dolls to the mass market retails such as Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, and KB Toys. These dolls are being produced in much lower quantities and only being distributed by speicalty retailers such as Bill Bam's Collectibles and specialty doll shops. Mattel will continue to sell the low end dolls and "Pink Label" dolls to these mass market retailers but not the limited editions.

The new release Barbie dolls sell well year-round as the avid collectors purchase quickly to avoid missing out as dolls sell out. Mattel will generally sell out during the pre-order process so we cannot always reorder. To insure that you have every opportunity to take advantage of this program we will be sure to announce to you all details as soon as we have them available so that you can update your datafeeds and product
    listings.

The following are historically the best selling Barbie themes. The annual Christmas Holiday editions, the Celebrity dolls, Pop Culture themes, and the Designer themed dolls.

Notes :
    SAS feed to be updated this week
    External Feed to be updated this week
    Mini CSV of Just 'New Barbie' is available

Cheers

Chris and Bill
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris, will this include updating the SAS Page Maker as well? I've noticed that it is not always updated by some merchants.

John

Hi John

That's down to Brian I believe, merchants have no control over that, as far as I am aware, we send the data and he updates the tools .

External feed is now updated
    SAS has been sent the file for the update

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I just read in the paper this morning that Barbie sales in the U.S. fell 15% first Qtr. 2004. Maybe she should have stuck with Ken? Whats Mattels' strategy these days- are they repositioning themselves more to the collctors market, looking for more overseas sales or what?

"I just read in the paper this morning that Barbie sales in the U.S. fell 15% first Qtr. 2004"

That's because Kenny caught her cheating!

Gil
    A. Gil de Lamadrid
    eCommerce Manager
    Consumers Interstate Corporation

heck, what is the world comming too, can't even a global icon like Barbie stay faithful!!!

Gil you have got some facts to back this up I hope!

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I could use that mini csv anytime please.

On the way in your email (to your jd @ Ch .net account)

let me know if that email is no longer in use.

Cheers

Chris

Got it, thanks.

10. Newsletter Signup