Thread: AMWSO Launches RSS News Feed

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Everyone,

As a new service to our partners we're very pleased to announce the launch of our RSS news feed. The feed will be used to let you get the latest news on our merchants, bonuses, coupons, campaigns, updates and so on. Easily and when YOU want it, without worrying about missing the news and chances to pick up easy cash, mixed in with the zillions of emails and spam you get today.

Please direct your readers here

http://feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO

If you don't have a reader then you can grab FeedDemon here

http://www.feedburner.com/fb/product...on-install.exe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> FeedDemon for a fast, fun, easy-to-use feed reader application. Supports Windows 2000/NT/XP. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or visit www.rssreader.com

Your feedback appreciated

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Well, I finally understand what you are trying to do. You are looking for a way to communicate with your affiliates.

Interesting solution.

So, this will make a sort of mini network of merchants you represent that you can draw from anywhere but you will basically use other networks and in-house programs for tracking, payment and so forth. And, the feed is what will "network" all the information on your programs together.

Of course, you will only represent high quality, parasite free programs and you will have a good base of affiliates to launch new merchants with assuming the affiliates actually read and use the feeds and respond to the offers. This is your solution to getting flushed along with all the merchant spam which affiliates have become blind to.

Well, that is different. Quite creative.

My guess is that it will depend on the content of the feed whether it will be read or not. If there is just a lot of yea, rah propaganda, interest will wane fast. If there is real content, i.e. actual news worth reading, there may be interest. If the news generally means go back, change your site and re-do work you just finished, don't think it will do much better than the current methods.

'Cause, here's the thing, Chris. We don't make money by going back and fiddle faddling with programs. We make money by doing "a new site a week and 10 new pages a day". It is a numbers game. Any time we have to go back and "update" pages we have completed for merchants, it interferes and keeps us from moving forward and improving our chances for being found and making sales.

Unless they are very high earners, any merchant requiring a lot of attention beyond the first initial launch will generally become ignored, out of date, lost in the mix or dropped in favor of less high maintenance programs. Sure, I will keep a merchant bringing in $50 a month. But, if that same merchant expects two days work each month for that $50, forget it. Those pages will never be updated or very darned rarely no matter how you communicate. Would you work for $25 a day before taxes? I think not. Neither will we. If maintaining a merchant means I have to constantly interupt working on my current project and go adjust their pages, yet again, also not likely to happen. So "offers" and "deals" will fall pretty flat with me, at least.

What is more likely to get my attention is something new that I can use to make my 10 pages that day. Something new that I can use to make a new mini-site in under a day. An old merchant with a new twist might work. A large merchant broken into several new, highly searched for, low competition, niches would be good. That is where the money is!

Instead of maxi feeds with categories, try dozens of highly targeted, keyword rich, mini-feeds for niches where their isn't much competition, yet. But, don't give them to every affiliate. After you hand out 20 or so, CHANGE THE FEED!!! Just give them to the affiliates who will (1) use them and (2) have shown they can generate traffic. I said traffic, not sales. It is up to the merchant to close the sale when the customer comes from these very highly targeted feeds. I don't think any AM does that and it would be a real incentive to get affiliates active. Yes, it would be a ton of work. You would probably have to hire a high schooler or someone to research keywords and assess the competition. But, your affiliates could knock the competition on their a$$es if you did it. If you did one new mini-feed a day five days a week and handed them each out to 20 affiliates who promised to use them, you would have a hundred highly targeted, low competition, keyword rich, new mini-sites or sub-sites going up each week, 5,200 the first year; 10,400 up at the end of the second year! Now, THAT would mean sales!

Be certain that these new feeds will need NO MAINTENANCE! There will be too many new sites to maintain them.

Now, since I told you this, you owe me all the feeds! All your feeds are belong to me!

So, I guess, how well the RSS News Feed will do really depends on what there is to offer in it. The medium isn't the message. The message is the message.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Hi Ssanf

I've been saving this for a reply till I got back to work and didn't have the kids driving me nuts while I tried to reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, this will make a sort of mini network of merchants you represent that you can draw from anywhere but you will basically use other networks and in-house programs for tracking, payment and so forth. And, the feed is what will "network" all the information on your programs together. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of yes, though to be honest I hadn't thought of it so much as a 'network' as a communication system that can cut through the clutter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My guess is that it will depend on the content of the feed whether it will be read or not. If there is just a lot of yea, rah propaganda, interest will wane fast. If there is real content, i.e. actual news worth reading, there may be interest. If the news generally means go back, change your site and re-do work you just finished, don't think it will do much better than the current methods.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm certainly not one for trumpet blowing and the info we distribute will 95% be focused on our clients. Covering areas that we believe people want to know about but maybe miss or overlook in emails. Different people will meet different needs from the feed. We're looking at more day to day info than big site changing news. Items like bonus opportunites, new product ranges, best seller data, new coupons and so on.

The other 5% will be new merchant announcements or things that effect all our partners.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 'Cause, here's the thing, Chris. We don't make money by going back and fiddle faddling with programs. We make money by doing "a new site a week and 10 new pages a day". It is a numbers game. Any time we have to go back and "update" pages we have completed for merchants, it interferes and keeps us from moving forward and improving our chances for being found and making sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would tend to dissagree some what here, a site that doesn't update due to changes in product ranges, fashion and season can't compete with those that do. The feed aims to give everyone uncluttered access to that info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What is more likely to get my attention is something new that I can use to make my 10 pages that day. Something new that I can use to make a new mini-site in under a day. An old merchant with a new twist might work. A large merchant broken into several new, highly searched for, low competition, niches would be good. That is where the money is! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The aim is always to make more tools and more resources that people can use to make custom sites, and we know that, not every tool fits to every person, some like the DriveWerks site generator some prefer the dynamic feeds, others the Mondera OS Store and others the new AMWSO page creator... At the same time we never baulk from helping people create custom templates when asked.

Looking at the Data feed item, what's to stop anyone from getting the whole data feed and then creating their own niche from the data available?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Instead of maxi feeds with categories, try dozens of highly targeted, keyword rich, mini-feeds for niches where their isn't much competition, yet. But, don't give them to every affiliate. After you hand out 20 or so, CHANGE THE FEED!!! Just give them to the affiliates who will (1) use them and (2) have shown they can generate traffic. I said traffic, not sales. It is up to the merchant to close the sale when the customer comes from these very highly targeted feeds. I don't think any AM does that and it would be a real incentive to get affiliates active. Yes, it would be a ton of work. You would probably have to hire a high schooler or someone to research keywords and assess the competition. But, your affiliates could knock the competition on their a$$es if you did it. If you did one new mini-feed a day five days a week and handed them each out to 20 affiliates who promised to use them, you would have a hundred highly targeted, low competition, keyword rich, new mini-sites or sub-sites going up each week, 5,200 the first year; 10,400 up at the end of the second year! Now, THAT would mean sales! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we could, but aren't you ultimately saying that we should be doing all the work? Handing over fully complete custom sites for each individual.... why not... I would have to ask myself....create 5,200 sites managed by me for me using the resources I have available? All hosted in a wide variety of places, linked together and driving sales...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Be certain that these new feeds will need NO MAINTENANCE! There will be too many new sites to maintain them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which becomes step 2 of any feed, making it dynamic. Which means allowing a person to add a script to their site that defines what they want to get and how they want to see it and making it appear... do once never revisit.... aka Web Service, with which Amazon have powered their program, though an RSS could potentially be melded to do the same. Ultimately it comes down to which is the easiest to set up and most Bot friendly I believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Now, since I told you this, you owe me all the feeds! All your feeds are belong to me!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah but I believe while you were editing this post, 2,500 people jumped into the queue and said "we want some of Ssanfs idea"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, I guess, how well the RSS News Feed will do really depends on what there is to offer in it. The medium isn't the message. The message is the message. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very much agree. Ultimately I want as many communication mediums as possible, forums, Emails, RSS, web site and more, then everyone can pick their best way to be reached and no one need ever, "not" be reached.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I would tend to dissagree some what here, a site that doesn't update due to changes in product ranges, fashion and season can't compete with those that do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will keep a merchant bringing in $50 a month. But, if that same merchant expects two days work each month for that $50, forget it. Those pages will never be updated or very darned rarely.....Would you work for $25 a day before taxes? I think not. Neither will we.

So, before expecting affiliates to jump through the hoop keeping pages up to date, please ask yourself how much the average affiliate earns from the time required to do the updates. I suspect very few affiliates make their feeds dynamic. I for one haven't the slightest clue how to do that and I strongly suspect that if I did it, I wouldn't be able to incorporate the "tricks" I use to get rankings. I do not know that to be the case but since I think it probably is, that is one of the main reasons (along with mental laziness) that I haven't really pursued the process.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Looking at the Data feed item, what's to stop anyone from getting the whole data feed and then creating their own niche from the data available?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Absolutely nothing. Of course, that means you will be put on the "to do" list along with all the other merchants waiting for them to go through their feeds and make niche sites.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> why not... I would have to ask myself....create 5,200 sites managed by me for me using the resources I have available? All hosted in a wide variety of places, linked together and driving sales...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why not is a question you would have to answer for yourself. But then, of course, you would have a linking arrangement among those 5,200 sites which indeed would drive sales. My pages would only be linked among my own bevy of sites reaching my demographic population and the other 5,199 sites would be linked among the other affiliate's bevies of sites reaching their demographic populations. This is just speculation but I tend to think my method would work better and you would not have to buy 5,200 domains which I think would add up. The cost to you for manpower doing the niche feeds would be the same whether you put up your own sites or others put up the sites.

Well, this is just intellectualizing, anyway. I still say all your feeds are belong to me!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Absolutely nothing. Of course, that means you will be put on the "to do" list along with all the other merchants waiting for them to go through their feeds and make niche sites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly, interestingly enough in a newsletter we sent out about 4 months ago on DriveWerks, the last paragraph was called "Make me a Niche Site", we had two people respond that they wanted us to make them a basic Niche site that they could then develop on...two... which is why I don't believe in Email as the best / only system for communication. That was the test that said to me....email is failing....either that or my newsletters are dull

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Why not is a question you would have to answer for yourself. But then, of course, you would have a linking arrangement among those 5,200 sites which indeed would drive sales. My pages would only be linked among my own bevy of sites reaching my demographic population and the other 5,199 sites would be linked among the other affiliate's bevies of sites reaching their demographic populations. This is just speculation but I tend to think my method would work better and you would not have to buy 5,200 domains which I think would add up. The cost to you for manpower doing the niche feeds would be the same whether you put up your own sites or others put up the sites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus I'd upset all my partners which wouldn't be the best thing to do

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wouldn't be able to incorporate the "tricks" I use to get rankings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Potentially, I'll have to Email you on some thoughts on this as well as the "I still say all your feeds belong to me!"

Cheers

Chris

All Chris' feeds are belong to me! You other 2,500 BACK OFF!

SSanf: I think it is your posts that keep me coming back here. LOL

John

It's official, we now belong to Ssanf .... which reminds me? Where do we send all the bills

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I just skimmed this thread so far and haven't read much of it, but this caught my eye and I must respond.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> in a newsletter we sent out about 4 months ago on DriveWerks, the last paragraph was called "Make me a Niche Site", we had two people respond that they wanted us to make them a basic Niche site that they could then develop on...two... which is why I don't believe in Email as the best / only system for communication. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the others, but that offer wouldn't have been any more enticing to me if you had the President of the United States (or other famous figure) phone it to me personally. I'm never interested in having merchants "make sites" for me, and the method of communication of an undesireable offer is irrelevant.

Of course, I'm interested in getting (product) feeds! But I want to make the actual sites the feeds are used in.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I have to laugh at myself once again. I read the "Make Me A Niche Site" and thought I was being asked to create the Niche Site myself. Well, I thought that was a good idea, but didn't have the funds to purchase another domain/host.

So much for getting the meaning out of some words.. Oh well... LOL

John

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Where do we send all the bills <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Send them to:
    1600 Pensylvania Ave,
    Washington, DC 20500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm never interested in having merchants "make sites" for me <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh huh, I read it that way, too.

Packaging could have been better.

Taking a leap of faith I would assume that you would not turn down a site designed to your specs for a niche product we identify as having an opening.

We supply the site, structure and keywords you do the copy and SEO work that is needed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but didn't have the funds to purchase another domain/host. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay but a site doesn't have to be a "Site" it can be a sub section of your main site if that's where it can do the most good.

But going back to Ssanf and Leader, you're basically looking for :

A mini product list with relevant researched keywords. Which we "Use Once" and then throw away to ensure the uniqueness of each offering

How many products would you be looking for, I can certainly do this it's far less involved than the direction I was heading in.

Cheers

Chris

No, I don't think I would want you to provide the site. I have plenty but thanks just the same.

Some structure hints that could be used or not might be of interest. On structure, remember this. If you have an "index" page of PR5, your next level down will genereally be PR4, the next level will be PR3. OPPS! A no show in the search results! This is a primary consideration in structure! Often, it is good to keep sub-pages on the same level as the "index" to the products if the "index" has to start at the PR4 level. Since you won't know where the "index" will start on our sites, it is probably best if we determine structure though thoughts on it are good and may be adapted.

Mainly, I would like, throw away, small niche feeds. See my PM to you to understand why this would be good for me. I think that explains it pretty well.

How many products would be determined by what exactly the feed was trying to accomplish, what keywords are being targeted and what you have that goes with those keywords.

DANG! I have learned a lot about this stuff, haven't I? Hey, I just impressed ME! I know what am of which I speak! LOL!

Back on the RSS topic I just wanted to add that the Sage 1.1 RSS Reader for FireFox ( a whole 41kb) is certainly one of the best readers I have seen so far, clean, no pre-intsalled junk, light, fast, easy to configure....

Cheers

Chris

Hi Everyone

The main RSS is going fantastically and we're about to roll some smaller split RSS feeds now.

This will mean that a person who doesn't want to get ALL the news but just stuff specific to those programs that they are active in, can now pick up the smaller more focused feeds.

I'm not sure how much interest these will generate but it's no extra work for us so there's no harm in having them available for people who need them.

The feeds can be picked up from the below link as they become available :

http://www.amwso.com/rss.php

Cheers

Chris

17. Newsletter Signup