Thread: Pay Per Call Advertising

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    This makes for an interesting read

http://www.findwhat.com/content/advertiser/ppc2.asp

Press Release here
    http://www.findwhat.com/newsletter/S...FeatureArticle

Anyone actually tried this out yet? Feedback Experience?

It's been a while since I went "Woaa!" from seeing something new, but this got my head buzzing....

Cheers

Chris
    ______
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Chris,

I saw this too, looks like they are targeted local markets and geo-targeting mostly, but a good sign that the pay-for-performance industry is spreading offline. Who knows if it has wide implications as FindWhat is not necessarily known as a trendsetter, but interesting nonetheless.

Cheers,

Rodger

It'll be interesting to see how it grows, Western Union has always been keen to add tracking to phone calls so that they can more easily promote the phone service online, tests being run fairly soon so hopefully we'll see this start to become a trend.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    For those merchants who can convert and have 800#'s I'd suggest Google's Adwords containing your 800#. No sense having the BHO's, Gators, 180Solutions and WhenU's giving you bad consumer PR at 2.00+ per pop! See why my merchant's pay me the big bucks!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I'm not sure how putting 800 numbers in Adsense will help the affiliates a great deal (nor Google come to think of it...no one clicks), potentially not enough info to help the consumer either.

I think the concept being sold here is the ability to track which calls came from where which right now isn't always easy from phone calls and is a hold back for companies that are mainly phone managed to get into online marketing in the CPC / Affiliate sector

Cheers

Chris

6. Newsletter Signup