Thread: First RSS Content Feed : Free Content for your sites

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Our first content based RSS is live today.

The aim of this RSS is to distribute content that you can use for your own web sites and newsletters to drive sales and add value adding copy to your sites.

The present format will be Copy with Links that you need to encode, once we get rolling and we see this take off we will look at how to semi pre-code it and eventually fully code it for everyone.

The first content feed is for Vegas Experts as they have new content (at least once a week) every week

Subscribe Here : http://feeds.feedburner.com/vegas

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

my2cents:

Why the eye roll? Sounds like an interesting concept. We offer a number of RSS feeds, but they're only headlines. The idea of adding full content is very interesting ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Why the eye roll? Sounds like an interesting concept. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOu're right... it does sound like and intresting concept...

I dont have the knowledge neseccary to take advantage of it... RSS content has excaped my understanding for quite a while... the more I try to understand how to use the more confused i i get...

what is need is a nut and bolts tutorial in very basic language...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Hi Joe

You don't need to do anything with this RSS

This present version is purely so you can grab the content and copy it on to your own pages.

If you have an RSS Reader or Yahoo account you can plug the above URL into the system and it will notify and supply you with the content as it becomes available, then copy, edit and paste.

Why RSS. because you can grab it when you want it and it won't get deleted, lost, filtered out etc like Email does unless you decide to drop the feed from your system.

This first content system is very simple, we're working on a fully coded version and when we do release that we will have a full guide on how to set it up for sure

For the above though you could, for example, even with no RSS Simply go direct to the URL and book mark it as a normal URL and grab content as it comes up. You could even book mark this page

http://www.amwso.com/rss/moreinfo.php?ID=14

Which is where the content is also generated as a web page to be grabbed in the same way.

What browser do you us Joe and I'll guide you to a good free RSS reader to install.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Joe:

Not sure if it will help, but we've gathered several RSS resources on our syndication page. You can check them out by clicking here

Hi karl

That's a good presentation of RSS you have there.

We have the same Java capacity for syndication too, but right now, with the content not being filly coded with links there is no point us promoting it. I suppose we could do a feed with no links but that'd be a kinda half job.

So the Vegas feed is the first we've done with content but it is more a distribution than syndication feed right now

Out of interest how do you find Bloglines? I have not used it but if it's a nice light system and easy to use I'll have to start promoting that over some of the other ones I have listed on our RSS page

Cheers

Chris

Chris:

It's worked without a hitch!

Cheers Karl I'll take a Gander this week and then update our page, stuff like Pluck and RSS Reader both have serious downsides attached to them, pluck is loaded with junk and RSS Readers needs .NET framework installed... Sage on FireFox is by far the best I have used so far

Cheers

Chris

Okay NOW I'm Dancing!!!

I need a couple of testers for a FULLY coded live CONSUMER content feed via RSS.

Cheers

Chris

Thank you everyone who has participated so far, the spacing issue should be resolved Monday, we know what it is now.

Other than the spacing change the only other minor change to date has been putting the table to 100% where the product images were.

Core copy remains outside any table structure.

I think by the middle of next week we'll be good to take this live.... time to hire a copy writer

Cheers

Chris

Okay we're pretty much happy with how this is working now, once I get back from my holiday we'll look at rolling this out.

Cheers

Chris

13. Newsletter Signup