Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    December 08, 2003 06:34 PM US Eastern Timezone

ValueClick Completes Acquisition of Commission Junction; Acquisition Creates the Largest Affiliate Marketing Technology and Services Provider

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...36&newsLang=en

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! Click Here!

ABW Ambassador
    That's good news.

With Jeff at the helm, I think CJ will survive.

The wording is also better. "combined with", not "merged into".

From my perspective, I'll say it's best to merge BeFee into CJ. It would be a great mistake though if they do it the other way around.

ABW Ambassador
    I would have agreed with you six months ago, waytogo, but not today. BeFree has made some surprising improvements under ValueClick. You might want to re-visit BeFree with an open mind.

ABW Ambassador
    As frustrating as CJ can be, I don't think there are too many affiliates that would hope that CJ merges into Befree. Without out a doubt, CJ has a MUCH better interface, better reporting by far and much closer to real-time tracking. The only real thing that Befree has in its favor is its account reps, which are good.

What would we do without real time tracking, only able to check our stats once a day? We might have to work more! The worst thing about befree is not enough merchants allow direct product linking. I hate CJ's interface for making links and think they should take a look at linkshare.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Whiznot:
    I would have agreed with you six months ago, waytogo, but not today. BeFree has made some surprising improvements under ValueClick. You might want to re-visit BeFree with an open mind.
    Money talks.

For the same number of click throughs, I make 6 times as much in commission at CJ than at BeFree.

Secondly, it is very much easier to mass produce links at CJ than at BeFree. And I'm talking only of regular links, not datafeed.

Also, our R&D activities are always open to anything. However, we make our business decisions only when it is backed up by data and stats, not by mere opinion.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Augh, I hate the LS interface. BeFree's isn't that much better either!

I hope they keep the CJ interface (obviously)!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

I actually prefer Linkshare's interface above all the others. Guess it may just be cause I have used them the longest and am used to it.

I just hope CJ and Befree can take the best from both and combine them.

But no matter what they do it will be interesting. With so many different people here, it will be interesting to hear the buzz. Some will love it, some will hate it.

Hopefully we can all give them some good feedback while they make changes so they can make it good enough to reasonably satisfy most of us.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Comparing all the networks (and I work with all of them), CJ has the best interface and reporting available that can have a great impact on your sales IF you know how to use them. (And all you need to do is think, no technical skills required). Of course, there is still room for development.

That said, will somebody here tell us that they have bought their house or their car only with their BF or LS checks. Because I know many CJ success stories already and I haven't heard one yet about BF or LS.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Befree's interface sucks more than a nuclear powered vacuum cleaner.

Forcing CJ's current affiliate base to give up CJs interface (even with it's few annoying javascript window-open enforcements) and move to the Bfree screw-up would be a disaster of biblical proportions.

If that happened, I would be moving over to the indie programs, no question.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

Actually, bought my house with a check from Drugstore.com when they were an indy..

I don't make much with CJ, don't have that many merchants there. I find more of the namebrand stores I want at Linkshare and Performics.

Connie Berg

Yep..Befree sux big style.....i'm with them because they have a couple of high profile UK companies....but CJ is the network I make the money from....very easy to use for those of us not into data feeds....and the product links are easy to use after a few attempts...CJ wins.......please keep it the same, and yes...i'm with all the others too.

Malc

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    From my perspective, I'll say it's best to merge BeFee into CJ. It would be a great mistake though if they do it the other way around.
    Color me GONE if CJ becomes BeFree

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

Ditto!
    I used Linkshare first and for a while thought it to be better than CJ but that was a long time ago.
    Since then I've used Befree and Performics and I would say that Befree's interface is the worst. I like CJ's interface! I really hope they don't mess with it.

CDC

Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optomism to have posed the question in the first place. (John Cleese: Cheese Shop)

ABW Ambassador
    Connie, you must have a cheap house if you bought it with a check from Drugstore.com...I am sure it is nice to be sure, but I would imagine very small *LOL*

>Actually, bought my house with a check from Drugstore.com when they were an indy..

Survey Man, don't you do well with Drugstore.com?

I really did like them better when they were an indy, and had lots of bonus opportunities.

Besides, how much room does a flamingo need? Actually it was my previous house that I bought. I was able to upsize 2 years ago thanks to my other linkshare checks and pay cash!

Amazon bought me my car..

Connie Berg

I hope Todd sees this thread.
    We want to keep the CJ interface !!!

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

ABW Ambassador
    *LOL*, yes drugstore.com is really picking up especially this quarter but as to buying a house with it, let's just say...No. Though I do see your point about flamingo's not needing much room! You are right about the bonuses and the like when they were independant....And also they used to have a thing where you could trial products, loved that.

I won't even touch the car you bough with Amazon money Let's just hope Amazon stays around in some form.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Forcing CJ's current affiliate base to give up CJs interface (even with it's few annoying javascript window-open enforcements) and move to the Bfree screw-up would be a disaster of biblical proportions.

I agree, it is a disaster of biblical proportion. But don't worry. only 20% of the affiliates will be affected. The 20% that carries the 80% market load. or, is that 10%-90% ?

As for Linkshare, LS reporting is as slow as the universe. it's like looking at a distant star. by the time the light reaches the earth, the star is already gone. With Linkshare, by the time something unravels in your reports, you cannot react anymore. Unlike CJ where it is possible to react within minutes. Besides, what does it matter anyway if you know your customer bought from New York? The whole U.S. is your market, period!

also, money (my commish), not namebrand, is why I'm in business. If I find that something like toilet bowls are selling like hotcakes, I'll try to promote that immediately, no question.

My R&D activities never sleep. Sitting on my laurels, and being stagnant, is not something for me. And it is also not for many here. It's the way of the internet.

P.S.: I like CJ's pop-ups though. They're very useful.

yep......agree 100%.......snowblowers are doing well this week....obviously !!

Malc

Speaking as an affiliate, I voted for CJ for two reasons:

1. Ability to search the ENTIRE network for specific products that I want to promote.

2. I can sign up with as many merchants as I want and not heavily promote each one so I can reach a minimum payout. Its called consolidated payments.

The one downside to CJ's real-time reporting, is not being able to see what was sold. But the ability to create different website ID's under one account make up for that somewhat.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    Now that the union of CJ and BeFree is complete, what's the new name going to be . . . Commission Free . . where we continue to work our tails off until we finally reach zero commission.

Although this is a play on words, tetering on the comedic, I fear I am not far from wrong.

And another thought . . . is anyone from CJ still at the helm?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

quote:
    And another thought . . . is anyone from CJ still at the helm?
    Have you seen these yet?
    Posted in members area.
    Make sure you read the whole press release.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Thanks for sharing the press release. I for one am happy that Jeff is at the helm. CJ may have some flaws (and it's getting harder for me to find them ) but they are way above the competition in my eyes. I sure did not want to see ValueClick come in and try to change CJ into BeFree.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

BeFree = BeFrustrated at the god awful user interface designed to reflect a drawing by a one handed Alien, with his finger up his a$$...I'm not saying I could do better....but I dont ask $$$$$ to do it !!

Leave CJ as it is.....or change to BeFree at your peril !!!!

Laters,

Malc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast