Just launched after 3 years in production. I am consulting with all you experts in here on how to reach the advertisers. They send such nice letters when you’re approved that all say "we want to help" or "let us know how to help you drive sales". I have sent many emails to them with no response!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome kharrison to ABW. You'll find a human at the end of all ABW hosted merchants. Those not posting here often have their programs on auto pilot as Ad campaigns where sales are accidental occurances.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Not necessarily true Mike. I have quite a few programs I do well for, that I have lots of contact with the AM's, that don't come here.

But I do have lots of programs that the AM's come here that I can't do anything with. No sales or anything.

So you can't necessarily judge a program by whether they come to ABW or not.

Some are just too busy and don't have time to post on forums all the time. Some have seen some of the stuff here and want no part of it.

Lots of times in the acceptance emails they will have a phone number listed with the contact info, try that.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Hi Connie:

Thanks for the input. I have 1300 on CJ and It would take forever to call them on the phone. Do you have any ideas as to how to get help from them if your new and have not made anyting yet?

Thanks

What kind of help are you looking for kharrison? What has been the general content of the emails you have sent?

Were you asking them for specific things, or did you just email, and say you wanted them to help you?
    I know if I email asking for certain types of links or banner sizes, if I have a question or a special request I get an answer very fast.
    But a general email not asking for something specific might not get a reply.

I know merchants don't really want to do any handholding of affiliates. They give you links and leave the marketing on your site up to you.

Have you sent emails to all your merchants, or just a bunch of emails to a few merchants?

Do you use the CJ email interface or do you just email them directly?

If you can give me more specific idea of what it was you were emailing them about and how you sent it I might be able to offer some advice.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Hi Connie:

Thanks for your help!

I live up in Northern Minnesota and have been in business since 1987. There are really cool marketing concepts that are sucessful up here in the brick and mortor world. I have developed one of them for the Internet.

THe emails that I sent to the advertisers is an attemot to explain what it is and how we need them to participate. It is free and only takes a few minutes on their time. It is critical for this to work. We are not trying to sell them anything. Just share our concept with them. It's so unique to Northern Minnesota and Minnesota that not to many outsiders have ever heard of it. But once they understand it they are very excited.

I understand that Merchants will leave the market up to us. That is exatly what we've created for them. It provides them with awesome targeting in real time. Our beta proved an 80% conversion rate!

Anyway, we've spent $500,000.00 and 3 year to develop this and I want to reach all CJ advertisers to share the idea with them...somehow.

I have resorted to calling them by phone. I get every single one of them over the phone. The problem with that is it will take me 10 years to get ahold of each one!!!

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I have resorted to calling them by phone. I get every single one of them over the phone. The problem with that is it will take me 10 years to get ahold of each one
    Sales and marketing 101. The phone calls are probably the most effective way, imo. If it takes time, it takes time. If that is what you gotta do, then do it. If you try to find some quick way of contacting them, such as messaging, then you will not have the success the phone calls will bring. Most of your messages will be deleted. I mean, send a message (try anything), but I would still make the phone calls.

Also, attend all the internet seminars, workshops, and other functions that you can. This will help you network with folks. No. I don't do it, but I don't have a service to sell people, either.

Contact the administrator (Haiko) of this forum, and let him consult you on the most effective way for you to reach your prospective customers, here at abw - the leading affiliate marketing forum on the web. Lot's of very active people, and a good number you should build a professional relationship with that would benefit your business. Of course, I say all this not knowing what your business is exactly. However, if your not trying to sell snake oil - and the folks here will be able to tell - then abestweb is a great place to start online

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

[This message was edited by Big Chuck on December 12, 2003 at 02:14 PM.]

Hi Big Chuck:

Thanks for the input!!

I am new to this and it is great actually talk to real people!

I will take your advice and keep plugging away here.

I just want to let the advertisers know that they can relax because I am not trying to sell anything. I just want to share my ideas with them about how to get more sales for them. I feel that they invited me when they sent the approval email to me. Almost all of them ask to contact them if there is anything they can do to help me bring in sales for them. so, here I am working it!

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    I read the other thread. My advice for you, is to slow down. Stop trying to sell us on your idea, and focus more on becoming an active, productive, contributing member of this web community.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

Hi Big Chuck:

Soory if I seem to be trying to sell.

I an trying to contribute. I really want to understand how to communicate the idea in tough times. It's very hard to get through everyones paranioa!

Thansk again for you advice.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread