Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Do the CJ advertisers really help the publishers to get them sales?

If so, how do you get their attention if you need help?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:

Some do, some don't!

quote:

If they're not on ABW, that usually leaves email or CJ mail. Occasionally one will actually put their phone number in their program info but that's pretty rare.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

quote:
    Originally posted by kharrison:

just drop them an email.

Thanks to all for the input!

I have sent over 1300 emails to CJ affiliates and no responses. I am offering them Ideas to help me generate sales for them. Seems they do not wnat to help.

Any perticular wat to get their attention?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Tell them you would be willing to offer a higher commission rate in exchange for increased exposure.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

You mean take less in commissions?

I am looking to reach the advertisers because I am a publisher (affiliate marketer).

Just Lurking
    quote:
    Originally posted by kharrison:
    You mean take less in commissions?

I am looking to reach the advertisers because I am a publisher (affiliate marketer).
    It seem unless your making them a considerable amount of money some AM's don't care what you want and won't answer your email. I've given up trying to reach any AM that isn't a member of ABW. Before ABW, I tried contacting a number of AM with questions. I think hell will freeze over before I hear from any of them.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Yep! That is is exactly what it seems like.

I talked to only 2 and they were so paraniod that it was very hard to talk with them.

Whats up?

There has to be a way to get there attention. Do they like free stuff or what?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    There has to be a way to get there attention. Do they like free stuff or what?

It's kind of like the Murphy's Law of Banking: Lenders only want to talk to you if you don't need a loan...

I've found that if you can get a #1 in Google for a merchant's program on a high-traffic keyword, and the traffic converts well, they suddenly learn how to work an email program.

Unfortunately, if you have a #1 in Google on a high-traffic keyword and the traffic converts well, you don't need any "help" from that merchant anymore! But that's when they'll contact you, and then insult your intelligence by acting as if you could use some help.

Places that can't sell one thing in 10,000 clicks, though (ie, the ones you'd *want* help with)? No contact--no email, no phone, nothing. Except for a few flukes, the only exceptions I've seen are from the ones here at ABW.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

kharrison,

As an effort not to violate privacy, I invite you to PM me.

I know why!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Ditto what Haiko said. I can explain why I rejected you, if you'd like...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

Leader...

Yes, exactly what I have experienced and what I would have said if you hadn't beaten me to it... very frustrating .. as well as fulfilling.. when you finally reach that point where they actually acknowledge you.. since you have all of a suddem become 'profitable' to them... It makes you want to tell them to go take a hike, on one hand, but on the other hand this is what you have been working for so you bow down and accept their contacts.....and laim excuses as to why they have ignored all of your emails before you suddenly became a player. (only used this emoticon because it seems to be my brothers favorite)

Hi CDC!!

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

quote:
    I have sent over 1300 emails to CJ affiliates and no responses.

Sounds like to me.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

LOL

That's what I was thinking..... 1300? and that's allowed??!

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

ABW Ambassador
    1300 emails?

At first I thought you meant you had 1300 affiliates. But now I realize you might be one of those annoying merchants who emails me trying to get me to join your program.

I don't read CJ advertiser emails. They are deleted, unread.

He's a publisher, he mailed 1,300 merchants via CJ mail system.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Hi all:

I am not a merchant. I am a publisher. We do not spam anyone. In Fact our program is designed around the fact that everyone hates spam and pop-ups! I have 1300 advertisers (affiliates) that approved our program. Our program took 3 year to develop and it is all based on the help of the advertisers from CJ and others. When we recieved all the approval letters that all said they were willing to help we got very excited and thought they actually would (help). Fact is onces they actually see what it is we came up with then they are positive and eager to be involved. It's getting them to even look that I find very frustrating. Again they are paraniod about scams and it's like everyone is a scammer in their minds! Our program is so clean and innocent that it seems to turn off some at first glance. But once they look at the concept...baaam, it makes sence to them and they get it!

Alot of advertisers must have been really (bleeped) over in the past!

Haiko said "pm" me. What does that mean?

Thanks

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I suppose, too, it depends on the contents of your email. If you individualise your email towards the niche you are trying to enter, you are much more likely to peak their interest.

If you approach an AM with a proposal to create a site based on their specific niche, and give an example of what you are thinking, you are probably going to get a response.

- - - - - - - - -
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. --Albert Einstein

Hi Elbocreek:

I do personalize each email, and I realy go all out by giving links to let them demo and actually see the entire concept without even signing up!

It seems difficult to explain the concept because it is exclusive to Northern Minnesota. The marketing program has been going on up here for a hundred years or more! I am the first to bring it to the net. Not to many understand what it is and once they do than the really like it! Nobody has every not liked the idea!

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know how you contact CJ advertisers. Most affiliate email to advertisers and networks (not just CJ) is ignored.

Email is uneffective. When I start reading an unsolicited email and it says that the sender wants to help me, that is a big red flag and I stop reading.

If you are peddling a product that claims to reduce spam you should know the problems of getting unsolicited email read.

Try regular mail or the telephone. If that is too much work for you and the expected rate of return, then the whole enterprise is not worth pursuing.

Hi Jimbo2002:

Thanks for your insight!

I am not pushing a product or service. The email is not unsolicited. Every one of the advertisers on our list has asked me to email them with ideas on how to increase sales for them! That is exactly what I am doing.

so, If they continue to ingnore emails from the affiliate partners, then arent they hurting the entire effort?

I guess I thought that the reason they use CJ and others is to get sales. At least they invited me to send them ideas. I would never send an un-solicited email or spam to anyone!

It scarry that they ingnore emails from their affiliate parners!

Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haiko:
    kharrison,

As an effort not to violate privacy, I invite you to PM me.

I still have no idea what "PM me" means?

Forgive me for being stupid about this but this is a new way of communication for me!

ABW Ambassador
    You stated that you sent out over 1,300 e-mails to CJ merchants.
    Are you claiming that every single one of those advertisers has asked you for 'ideas on how to increase sales for them'?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Hi cjshoppingnetwork:

Yep! I have 3 or 4 from all of them because everytime CJ makes a change we have to re-apply to all of the advertisers. Each time we are forced to do that, we get a new approval email with an invitation to contact them with ideas! Some have phone numbers and I am starting to call them as well.

I can send you copies of all these if you like. You must get the same emails from them when you apply dont you?

ABW Ambassador
    If you are not getting the responses that you were hoping for, then why not try something different?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast