We had a client purchase a domain name through RegisterFly (SAS Program) ... client allowed cookie. No sales record recorded at SAS.

We then wrote RegisterFly about this issue ... no response from them on 2 different inquiries regarding non-tracking of this sale.

Our team is left to assume they figure if they ignore us .. we will simply fade away.

We removed their links and wanted to warn other ABW members if promoting them.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    No comment other then they change their domain to registerfly-by-night.com

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

I could tell you an interesting story about Registerfly, but as I'm currently out of pocket by several thousand dollars and legal action may have to be taken, I'll keep quiet for now.

You can bet I won't ever deal with them again, though!

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

I informed SAS to do a compliance test to ensure they see that RegisterFly is NOT crediting sales either.

We know that we sold more than 1 .. but have 1 sale that was specifically tested with all options open that they could counter that would cause NON tracking issues to happen.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I warn all my clients with hundreds of domains to ask me first before they change registrars. Some of the scumbags are in cahoots with expired domain trafficers to sheister you out of a domain name with delayed transfer techniques ...then whap their partner pays them a finders fee the day it expires.

We rightfully need to keep Dotster under pressure as they displayed Gator?Gain downloads on their temp domain page template. Anyone still seeing that? If so lets collectly tear their marketing dept. a new one as they ocassionally come to ABW. No response from my e-mail rants!

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    RegisterFly is a division of a nasty bunch of companies known as "Unified Names" that include Dodora Registrar, among others.

Dodora's marketing people used to spam newsgroups with telecommunications products, before they became a registrar, and have been exposed as liars on domain forums (posing as "happy customers" and denying they are company reps when asked).

With Haiko's permission, I'll post some forum URL's that show what I'm talking about.

Right now, visit http://stopunifiednames.com

George Orwell got the date wrong

Drewbert, thank you .. now that was an interesting read!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

Am I in trouble?
    I have the same problems with RegisterFly these days. Namely, my domains are still in process of transfer to RegisterFly. I tried to buy more domains from them but without success. It wake me to wrote to them. I wrote to RegisterFly a few time in last 10 days (and got support ticket) but not received any answer yet. Yesterday I saw on my control panel that someone "canceled or deleted" transfer of my domains!!!
    Are they going to steal my domains in transfer. My domains are still not expired (for a few days will be). How can I prevent to lose my domains? Do I must wait 60 days to transfer my domains to another registrar (it is no way becose there left me a few days till my domains will expired and I opened an account on RegisterFly a few days ago).

How can I prevent stealing (I hope it is not to late)?

Registerfly
    Nice forum you all have here. I ran into this doing a search on registerfly and unified names.

Since it's quite a discussion topic, you may want to check out: Registerflies.com

I've had several hundred domains there myself and was lucky enough to experience their hosting. This company is Bad news with a capital B. There isn't much information on the company at all on the web other than bad stuff. They don't tell you much about Unified Names Inc. Either.

My advice after several years of dealing with these fraudulent clowns.... Stay clear of any company under the name of Registerfly and Unified Names.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi, I have today just been checking accounts and bank records and noticed that registerfly have been taking regular amounts out of my credit card without authorization. Not only that but they are doing it with not just one of my credit cards but all of them, even accounts I never knew they had access to.

On top of all this I do know they have stolen my domains as I have sent them many emails complaining about domains I have noticed that have gone missing as I own and purchase hundred of names. They did return them but only after I asked, some I have probably missed and not realized and they will be hard to track down now. I do remember some good names I purchased with them in the past that went missing but thought little of it at the time and presumed the domain was purchased just before my transaction went through. But I have sent a number of tickets to them to ask them to return domains that I have since written down each one that has gone missing.

I also found as I was trying to work out who HSG inc were that was the name on my credit card account so I searched that with the ph number that was on my statement and guess what website came up forst, yes it is registerflies.com which has opened my eyes up to this very corupt organization who have stepped on the wrong persons toes this time ;0
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

As D. Trump would say: you're FIRED!

http://www.enom.com/migrate/faq.asp

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Excellent information here gang - thank you all, and to those of you who are having issues with them, best of luck in resolving it to an equitable end.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, this is big news, I'm heading over to some Domain/hosting forums now to see what everyone has to say about this, all I can say is ABOUT TIME -
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    As D. Trump would say: you're FIRED!

http://www.enom.com/migrate/faq.asp

I just have read RegisterFly's explanation:

"We are aware that enom may have sent a notice in regards to the relationship between enom/registerfly.
    As of February 2006 RegisterFly.com become an ICANN Accredited registrar. We formerly used to resell domain services under enom.com but stopped accepting registrations for them on February of 2006 (1 year ago). Since we are ICANN Accredited we have no need to process new registrations/transfers under enom anymore and spent the past year moving large numbers of names away from enom.com to RegisterFly.com. The amount of names remaining at enom.com is relatively small. Any registrations/transfers after February 1st 2006 are directly under RegisterFly.com, inc. which would not be affected by this..."

I really do not know what is the clever option now?

ABW Ambassador
    the clever option is a no brainier, transfer away from RF as soon as you can either using Enom or one of many other registers, I like Stargate.com, transfers are only $5.95 which includes 1 year plus time left on current year. If you read the threads over at domain forums like Webhostingtalk.com plus on registerflies.com then you will see there are many unhappy customers plus there look like there could be legal action or a civil suite soon and I know I don't want my domains registered to a company who is in deep trouble. My problem is I have over 400 domains registered with them and I have to now go through and transfer each one by hand as they now won't let me transfer out in bulk.

I also had bad experiences with them a few years ago. They started taking money out of my credit card monthly with no authorization. It's unanimous - stay away!

It would be tough to find anyone having anything positive to say about registerfly. Just do a google search.

The most interesting stories where about them holding domains hostage. They would let it expire, and if the website had any traffic, they would renew the domain based on the traffic. Some were charged more than $500.00 to renew.

I would stick with Godaddy.com and CJ on this one. Never had a tracking issue with them. Too bad Godaddy didn't go with SAS.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread