ABW Ambassador
    Just an FYI. Some merchants convert for some but not for others.

The following merchants have received 500+ click-throughs without recording a sale:

ClubMac

Senecas

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sounds like the same problem with ComputerGeeks at BeFree. From the exact same visitors shopping TigerDirect computer bargains that produce 1 sale per 48 clicks all month long ..they got 648 clickthroughs from me without a sale this month. Some of the buys and product detail links I give them are better priced and in stock. I know that's impossible so the suspecion is their darn shopping cart doesn't report properly to BF.

The MAC shoppers are NEToriously cheapskates and hate to pay retail for anything so Mac merchants do poorly pushing street priced items.

WebMaster Mike

Yep these Merchants are over 300 clicks with not one sale in Linkshare,befree, and cj or less then $5, I'm quite confused now.. What is going on? All targeted traffic.

Befree merchants.

BabyCenter- $0
    ebates.com- $0
    VistaPrint.com- $0

cj.com merchants

Best Deal Magazines-840 clicks: 66 cents

Big Dog Sportswear: 719 clicks: $0
    GadgetUniverse.com : 346 clicks: $0
    UnbeatableDeals.com: 385 clicks: $0

Linkshare.com merchants
    1-800-FLOWERS.COM- 298 clicks ($0 commission)
    Buy.com-210 clicks (no sales)
    Sharper Image: 427 clicks ($4)
    TheBabyOutlet- 344 clicks- ($0)

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:
    Yep these Merchants are over 300 clicks with not one sale in Linkshare,befree, and cj or less then $5, I'm quite confused now.. What is going on? All targeted traffic.

Befree merchants.

BabyCenter- $0
    ebates.com- $0
    VistaPrint.com- $0

cj.com merchants

Linkshare.com merchants

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Jason! Have you ever considered getting a "real job"?

Also, I was wondering why you are running Vista Print thru befree which only pays about a buck when all the other networks pay $3.50 per free offer given away for vista print?

Jason,

Per your post below, we aren't in the CJ Network. You joined our program in Linkshare and I have kept an eye on your stats, since you had previously posted some negative feelings about our program. I would be happy to talk with you about your stats and reporting...just call or email me, danielle@unbeatabledeals.com. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:

Befree merchants.

BabyCenter- $0
    ebates.com- $0
    VistaPrint.com- $0

cj.com merchants

Linkshare.com merchants

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Danielle
    FREE FULL VERSION SOFTWARE & MORE
    Join us at Linkshare, click here

Hey I know. but when you were with cj, those were my stats, however when you first came onto cj I was doing pretty good, I'm expecting a better conversion rate with linkshare though. I don't think I will be able to make any phone calls as I'm in a financial state right now. and quite busy, by the way I have another job- I work in the Grocery industry.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

I haven't had any luck at all with "Senecas" either. I don't know if it is their crappy site or if they are a scam.

I have been getting some sales on GadgetUniverse. Hopefully they won't be reversed.
    If they reverse my sales, I'll be sure to let everyone know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jason your problem is related to #2 on your BF list...
    "Befree merchants.

BabyCenter- $0
    ebates.com- $0
    VistaPrint.com- $0"

If anyone pushes Gator -iWon -Upromise -eBates -Whenu/Shopnow or any "incent" middleman merchant they are shooting themselves in the foot.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

EcomCity.com, Actually ebates was one of those merchants I was promoting only the first month of having a affiliate program online. I quickly stopped promoting them after that. Hmm

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Befree merchants.

[...]
    ebates.com- $0
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    shame on you.

How long of a time period were these numbers over? If you send 50 clicks a month over a year and then claim a merchant didn't convert in over 600 clicks, that means nothing.

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commission King:
    I haven't had any luck at all with "Senecas" either. I don't know if it is their crappy site or if they are a scam.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had one sale with Senecas. If I had my CJ reports I could tell you how many clicks it took. I think it was probably 60 or so.

Quote:

Befree merchants.

[...]
    ebates.com- $0

Like I said I did not know anything about ebates at the time I promoted them, I totally regret that I promoted them in the first place. Sorry hope you aren't attacking me because every webmaster makes a mistake of some kind. you Can't be perfect.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Jasonco,

You probably noticed those dips while we were with CJ, more than 6 months ago, because there was nobody managing the program exclusivley .. looking for parastic behavior by affiliates joining.

Thanks to this forum, I now manage the program at Linkshare and have learned the perils of these types of affiliates. I believe that will positively change the stats of our program for those in it.

If you ever need to discuss your site stats with me, feel free to PM or email me with your phone number and I would be happy to call you. I wouldn't expect for you to call on your $.

Thanks,

Danielle
    FREE FULL VERSION SOFTWARE & MORE
    Join us at Linkshare, click here

Buy.com 455 clicks 1 sale comm. $0.33
    Made 1 sale within first 40 clicks.
    Bait and switched?

Sharper Image 439 clicks 4 sales comm. $73.46
    Made sales within first 180 clicks nothing since
    Merchant or Network Leaning towards network with all delays in reporting, if any reports at all. The timing was perfect. Slow reports no sales.

Hmmm

"It's your foot, you can shoot it if you want to." ~ Me

QuietRiot the merchant AM term for this is -boner- as in "throw the dog a bone". Used almost exclusively by merchnats who batch sales reports. Let one sale go through early or wait til the affiliate complains and allow some sales activity.

Buy.com and their new parent company Office depot got some heated e-mails from me last March for no sales activity for 4 months. Within days ( they never responded) I see 2 sales. I just checked and 1178 clicks later no sales since march.

Sometimes I feel I need to quit the merchant and then rejoin a few weeks later to get the -boner- since that produces more commissions than giving them a run of site exposure all year round.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Oh ok, Danielle
    FREE FULL VERSION SOFTWARE & MORe thanks for letting me know about the cj issue, I was starting to get worried, as I used to do great with your site, I will keep on promoting you, and thanks for the tip you gave me in email :0). I'm hoping to get lots of sales.

Jason
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    Jason,
    I've had similar problems with the baby merchants you mention...I started carrying some stuff from amazon and that is converting much better...I will probably be switching all of my baby stuff over to amazon.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Canadian tire

2217 click throught = $0

Interestingly enough, in the first week I promoted their links I had 2 sales back to back.

And since I have had none.

What could it be????
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    WOW resurecting an old thread here

Mine covert at 180 clicks per sale on average

Not a great converter.
    1 My guess, too easy to go to the neighborhood CT store in person, thinking maybe it's just a guys thing to have to go to the CT for stuff for the car and whatever else.
    2 They have some leakage on site with some banners that won't clean up.
    3 Clicking on a link then having to enter a postal code, even a small annoyance but probably gets rid of a few people

Payments are on time and dependable though.
    Christmas is a better time for them.
    I have pretty much stuck with a single CT page each on 2 sites
    Gets reasonable traffic.
    Because of their conversions, I have never really done more but I should. I see merchants I push do far worse.
    With yours I would say play around with the page designs or links and see what happens for any improvement.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread