Placed an order with Overstock.com. Credit card has been charged, items received. Was only paid for one of the items ordered out of 2. The total order was for $378.00 and I was only credited for 189.00.

I'm not sure if this is related to Linkshares inability to track sales now or due to Overstock.com
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Did you order 2 nos. of same item?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Overstock looks very bad for me this month. Despite the fact that my traffic has increased by at least 30% my sales are lower than they were last month. I have days where 0 clicks were tracked in LinkShare. Something definitely seems wrong.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Something sure is up with conversion ratio or tracking. I know they installed a new shopping cart interface a few months ago. Sure hope they triple check it's 100% interfaced to LS as to reading cookies. They also, like most major merchants installed some spyware "clickstream data mining application as all their cookies, as well as Linkshare's, gets tagged for removal as spyware by adware/spyware programs.... just like TigerDirects HitBox program.

I'm used to earning 8-14 cents per click from very targeted OS referrals. It's down under 2 cents per click as my traffic to them increases. Sure glad I don't play that PPCSE rRussian Roulet game.

I notified them about a huge number of cookie stuffers targeting their programs from the coupon/deal sites with no response from them. At least TigerDirect took some action. You'd think since OS employs those 6 AM's they participate here daily. They're too busy making up enduser e-mail flyers then gearing up affiliate Christmas sales.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you order 2 nos. of same item? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ahmar, Not really I guess I ordered 2 sets of the same golf clubs but one was a mens set and one was a womens set. In the cart it was listed as 2 individual items. Does that make sense to you?

No doubt something is going teribly wrong with LS. I'm pretty much making nothing at all which I suppose isn't surprising seeing how I have been removing their merchants left and right. But when I get some of the stats, they just don't add up. The Overstock purchase is a good example.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I asked that 'cause if it was 2 nos of same product and one tracked and one not then its obvious that it was done purposely. But as you have purchased 2 different items it means something really going on with the tracking system. That is not good either way.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Internet Cowboy
    Have you noticed that it is since the Titanium Award fiasco that LS has had tracking problems and at the same time it seems that we don't hear from there on here much at all.

It is almost like their affiliates are being punished or something, as silly as that might sound.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread