Hey...
    I decided to post our affiliate newsletter for Nov. just to make sure CJ affiliates get it.

...and there you go
    Catalogs.com Affiliate Newsletter
    News, Views, & Revenues for Catalogs.com Affiliates
    November 2003

Welcome to the November Newsletter!
    I want to thank all those affiliates who I met at the AffiliateSummit. Their feedback has been priceless to the program! Good news is that the datafeed is almost done and will be live in the next 2 weeks. On another note, as the new quarter approaches, we will be focusing more into improving our EPC and quality of traffic we receive. This means that we will terminate affiliates that sends us lots of clicks and no conversions as well as people with incentives/freebie sites. Those who will be terminated, will receive a separate note from this newsletter with the specific reason for termination.

* In this Issue:
    - Top 5 Best Converting Creatives by EPC (CJ Program only)
    - New Categories to promote
    - FREE Shipping Offers & Discount Offers from our Catalog Merchants

* Top 5 Best Converting by EPC:
    1. Gift Catalogs Banner, Link ID# 9930258, $19.36 EPC
    2. Home & Garden Catalogs Text Link, Link ID# 10298540, $15.71 EPC
    3. Wedding & Invitations Storefront, Link ID# 10294130, $10.38 EPC
    4. Beauty & Cosmetics Text Link, Link ID# 10298541, $9.27 EPC
    5. Clothing & Accessories Text Link, Link ID# 10274597, $8.38

* New Categories to Promote!
    FUNDRAISING CATALOGS FROM CATALOGS.COM: Catalogs to help you raise money for your school, church or club.

HEALTH & WELLNESS CATALOGS FROM CATALOGS.COM: Health & Beauty broke into two separate categories. The Health & Wellnes categories has a "medical" theme to it. Great for Seniors sites!

BEAUTY & COSMETICS CATALOGS FROM CATALOGS.COM: This is the other half from the old Health & Beauty category. The Beauty & Cosmetics category has a "Beauty" theme to it. Catalogs from Oleda, Paula Young and others are featured here. Perfect for beauty sites!

* FREE Coupon Offers
    As an affiliate, you get paid whether a customer orders a catalog or a savings offer. In some instances, a coupon might get a higher click than a plain "order a catalog". If you run a coupon site, try this coupons:

- Cheryl&Co: Gourmet gifts of freshly baked cookies, brownies and desserts for every occasion! Get $10 OFF orders of $50

- Things Remembered: Things engraved are Things Remembered! Get 20% OFF all Orders

- Amana Meatshop & Smokehouse: Offering the finest in smoked meats, Midwest steaks and chops! GEt 10% OFF any Order!

- Thompson Cigar: Tried and true Cigar brands...Thompson has them all!
    Get the Thompson Classic Combo – A cedar lined humidor, windproof lighter, and 25 handmade cigars all for only $29.95

That is it for now... Should you need any assistance, please contact me...
    Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005 ext 202

Want to send me Instant Message?
    AOL: marifer006
    Yahoo!: maria_maria_s
    MSN: nanavergara@hotmail.com

web:http://affiliates.catalogs.com

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://affiliates.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    eMail: Marifer@catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005

So, say I send you all lots of clicks that YOU all can't convert and then I would get terminated?

quote:
    Originally posted by qball©:
    So, say I send you all lots of clicks that YOU all can't convert and then I would get terminated?

I won't terminate you just like that... I will try to work with all affiliates but affiliates have to be responsive. I will call, email, im - do whatever it takes to contact and work it out with the affiliate. Now, if I don't get any responses from affiliates, they will be terminated....

There are plenty of things WE(affiliate and catalogs.com) can do to help conversion....

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

ABW Ambassador
    "A cedar lined humidor, windproof lighter, and 25 handmade cigars all for only $29.95"

Marifer cracks me up

Maybe it was the windproof lighter that caused this program to go up in smoke. May it rest in peace in a cedar lined humidor.

Sure, there are plenty of things we can do, but if we are sending you targeted traffic, our responsibility stops at the click.

quote:
    Originally posted by qball©:
    Sure, there are plenty of things we can do, but if we are sending you targeted traffic, our responsibility stops at the click.

If you have ideas on how to improve conversions, please IM me or email me.... I'm open to all ideas...

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

Marifer - You complain that we affiliates don't read the CJ mail... but when I try to get you guys to finish the termiation of my affiliate account and send the final check I get no replies to any of the four emails I sent about it.
    Your new policies terminated my account without notice, saying that I had to pull all links immediately and that all commissions would be totaled and sent in one check.
    We did our part - pulled all links...
    But my account is still accessable through the affiliate page and it says I still have 4 dollars sitting there.
    It's been, what, two months? It's not that I'm all that patient, either, because I'm not. But - it's only 4 bucks - why not just write the check, take my address out of your send list and disable my account page??? ? ? ?
    That way, this would be all behind us and you won't see any more of my rants here in a public forum.
    Or you could just answer our email.

Thanks
    Abby & Tim
    Abbys Good Stuff
    http://abbys-good-stuff.com

www.abbys-good-stuff.com

Never be too open minded... your brains could fall out.

Tim:
    I only got 1 email from you and that was today. I already have replied to your email and taken care of your account. If you are so desperate about $4 ... why didnt you call me, IM me, PM me or something? I know that I have tried to contact you several times about your links thru the old program: AffiliateShop and I never got a response back from you guys.

Anyway, your account has been taken care off...

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

ABW Ambassador
    Geez . . . we're talking FREE catalogs here . . . not something you bet the bank on right? A "value-added service" is all . . . not something anyone should get bent outta shape about. I could see if someone copied the entire site, catalog by catalog and then got terminated. THAT might be a reason to be heated. But, beyond the principle, 4 bucks is not worth the heartache.

But I do agree with "our responsibility STOPS with the click" . . . to get pinched or pushed out because of your EPC or whatever . . . that's YOUR part of the bargain.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread