Cruise Links
    New Affiliate Center
    New Vacation Package Look
    Top Checks
    New Cities with Special Internet Rates
    Special Offer from ah-ha
    Destination Guide Links

**Cruise Links**
    Great News! We are excited to announce the addition of cruises to our affiliate products.
    The next time you log into the Affiliate Center you will be greeted with a contract addendum for the cruise product. If you choose to agree to this product you can start adding cruise links to your site immediately. Simply visit the integration section and choose cruise links. This option will let you choose a color scheme for your links and set up your link into the cruise home page. We will be adding more banners, search forms and advanced links over the next couple weeks. Commission on cruises will be 1.5% of the gross sale minus all service fees and taxes.

**New Affiliate Center**
    If you have logged into the Affiliate Center recently, you've already noticed the improvements to our Affiliate Center. New features include IAN University, which will offer you information on how to grow your business with IAN. This includes more information to help build and promote your site and increase sales! We have also made it possible for you to link into travel.ian.com for your affiliate links instead of travelnow.com for affiliates who would like a more custom solution to their site.

Our new statistics package utilizes suggestions from many of our affiliates. You can now pick and choose just the information you want to see and customize your statistics to the information that is most important to you. The new temp id field will allow you to track bookings from any link on your site or advertising campaign. Contact your account manager for information on taking advantage of this option.

This new Affiliate Center was built on affiliate ideas and we are looking forward to creating the best resource for affiliates available. Please let us know what else we can do to make this useful to you.

**New Vacation Package Look**
    Our vacation package product has been updated to better improve customer conversions. The new design now includes Vacation Ideas to give suggestions on select destinations. If you have not yet added packages to your site, please contact affiliate@travelnow.com for a vacation package addendum to your current contract.

**Top Checks**
    $168,582.82
    $131,590.03
    $67,756.41
    $67,400.31
    $58,578.75
    $54,916.08
    $45,601.65
    $42,104.86
    $39,352.73
    Is your check up there? If not, make sure you are using all our products- hotels, vacation rentals, cars, air, packages and cruises. Contact your account manager for more ideas like how to integrate different languages and currencies into your hotel pages.

**New Cities with Special Internet Rates**
    Sao Paulo, Brazil - as low as $65
    Summerside, Canada - as low as $55
    Liverpool, England - as low as $69
    New Haven, CT - as low as $79
    Nicaragua - as low as $65
    Panama - as low as $79

Coming July 22

Kelowna, Canada - as low as $59
    Kamloops, Canada - as low as $55
    Campbell River, Canada - as low as $45
    Barrie, Canada - as low as $59
    Victoria, Canada - as low as $69
    Mont Tremblant, Canada - as low as $79
    Lake Geneva, WI - as low as $89
    Brugge, Belgium - as low as $95
    Salzburg, Austria - as low as $95

**Special Offer from ah-ha**
    Increase your ROI with ah-ha.com. ah-ha.com is offering a $10 account credit to all IAN Affiliates. With over 800 million search queries a month and hundreds of distribution partners, a slice of your search engine budget belongs with ah-ha. Sign up today!
    https://secure.ah-ha.com/affiliates/a.asp?ah-ha&2659

**Destination Guide Links**
    All Destination guide links should begin either with dg.travelnow.com. If you have any other outdated destination guide links, please update them this week. Old links will still carry your cid in the future, but they will take the user to the front page of the destination guides, not to the landing page you intended.

As always, thank you for being an Interactive Affiliate Network partner. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help increase your bookings!

Jessica Hutson
    http://interactiveaffiliatenetwork.com
    affiliate@travelnow.com

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

Affiliate Manager
    My most common question after posting checks is always- are these "real" affiliates.

YES

I remove the checks of airlines, corp. partners, Travelocity etc before posting any numbers. These numbers are the real deal

Jessica Hutson

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well it will take a lot of repair for me to push TravelNow. After 3 years and no checks with so many changes to your program that destroyed my linking efforts. Are you finally about to cease the BS and get down to real creatives thta track sales and convert targeted traffic?

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Manager
    Mike-
    Have you ever worked with an account manager? One of the disadvantages of having an extremely large program is that it is possible that you can come in and not hit our radar if you haven't either stated booking right away, had a URL that caught someone or asked questions of an account manager. I could find someone to work with you closely. We have implemented many affiliate suggestions over the years.

We have added and changed links a number of times - but in most cases, the old links still work. In fact, I have links from before when I started almost five years ago that we just turned off two months ago- they were ugly, but they functioned. If you use links from our affiliate center, I will do everything in my power to keep them active.

You will see that many changes recently have been consolidating our programs and creating IAN.

-I should mention that third party programs like our Destination Guides have gone through frustrating changes. I wish I had a better answer for that. I have about a one year at least moratorium on that.-

For the future, we are actually developing a system which should not only make any link we ever create work going forward- but also help many that we never recommend figure out what they should be.

I hope this helps.

Jessica Hutson

ABW Ambassador
    Jessica, I just went to the center and saw the change of terms of agreement.

There was a clause that said that if the customer cancels the reservation, I have to pay some charges for credit card processing?

I can't find the agreement now though but I clicked disagree.

I have a hard enough time getting sales for Travelnow. Put in 4 times as much time, money and effort while the returns are less than for products from other merchants.

The bulk of my travel site's income is from products other than hotel bookings and airline reservations. Imagine working so hard to try and get people to book a room, then they cancel the booking, I have to pay the charges. My competitors can make my travel site unprofitable like that.

Also, in the parasite forum, I saw threads about igive and the list of merchant listed with igive there include TravelNow. Just curious.

Do the top affiliates include igive?

Are they able to steal our commissions too?

ABW Ambassador
    I would be interested in knowing the answers to womanht's questions as well.

Also, just curious - are any of the top affiliates on ABW?

Thanks,
    Kip

[This message was edited by Kip on August 15, 2003 at 12:12 AM.]

Affiliate Manager
    Guys- I really do try to catch all these- sorry I missed it- I won't ever skip an answer on purpose unless it's for legal reasons.

quote:
    There was a clause that said that if the customer cancels the reservation, I have to pay some charges for credit card processing?

-No! We don't pay comission on a cancelled booking- but we will not charge. General policy is that you can have a reservation that results in $0- but nothing less. The only exceptions are xml affiliates who have the option of not forwarding customer information to us and handle all cusotmer care- that small number of affilaites (less than 5) has a special contract which clarifies for them.

quote:
    I have a hard enough time getting sales for Travelnow. Put in 4 times as much time, money and effort

Call me, write me- let's fix that. We can run your lookmto book against similiar affilaites and se eif we can locate a problem.We can also run test bookings and seeif a tweak to your private label or keyword targetting will help.

quote:
    Do the top affiliates include igive?

igive is no longer an affiliate

quote:
    Also, just curious - are any of the top affiliates on ABW?

one that I know of. Top travel affiliates are often not the same people who are tops in other areas, so you won't see as many of them in here. Marketing ha many similarities- but the bulk of our affiliates are dealing with full private labels, only sell travel and the top affiliates are making amounts that are really only rivaled by prescription drigs etc. I'm sending out a check tomorrow that's over $200,000

You guys have picked a good business!

Jessica Hutson

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread