Affiliate Manager
    The whole newsletter is in html now- but here are everyone's favorite part- the top checks

$248,319.57

$221,444.19

$198937.65

$75,809.46

$75,777.54

$57,695.86

$54,598.59

$42,794.34

$41,155.33

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

ABW Ambassador
    Are any of the affiliates who earn that kind of money on this forum?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate Manager
    The top earner that I know of on this forum is at about $12,000

Jessica Hutson

ABW Ambassador
    Are those super earners normal affiliates? Or are they huge sites such as Yahoo?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate Manager
    Good question- I back out what we consider corperate accounts before compiling. this means for example- Yahoo would not show, Travelocity, Airline transfer programs etc. These are real affiliates. In the top ten we have one that has grown from a two man show to having over 20 employees and one that is still a one man shop who spends less than $10,000 in pay per clicks each month- the rest is his profit. One has large programming costs every month, but uses no pay per clicks. They do run the gamut- but most are search engine wizards who have taken advantage of the things we offer like the database, web services and using our amenities list to create additional niche sites.

Jessica Hutson

Jessica,

I'm still having trouble with setting the language of the IAN user interface (reservation system, etc). The recent affiliate newsletter had instructions for setting the currency, and seemed to mention that settingthe language was possible too, but for the life of me I cannot find a url string variable that will let me set it (something like &lang=en is what I'm expecting). Just as a point of reference, I'm using the feature that lets me use my own header and left-hand column.

Most of my visitors are English speakers in Germany, France, the Netherlands, but it always seems to come up in the local languages, and I cannot force it otherwise. I've seen that some ofthe other affiliates are able to force the language, but they aredoing it behind page re-directs so I cannot see what string settings they may be using.

It would be SOO NICE if the affiliate site had a simple table of variable that could be set and their accepted values in addition to all the automatic link building tools. I just can't see investing tons of effort into building a site around the IAN solution until I'm sure that I can get around the language issue first.

Thanks in advance

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Affiliate Manager
    L4-
    Can you do me a favor and send this question to affiliate@ian.com and we can get you taken care of? I apologize for not catching this before.

I am actually working on a new link generator- cross your fingers- it should be up next Wednesday. This one has just about every choice possible so you don't have to know all those tags.

Jessica Hutson

FOUND IT!

I see a new internationalization link was added to the Integration page. Cool.

Now comes the hard work, weeding through the 2 thousand pictures from the trips through the old Eastern Block and building up my hints tables, etc.

Kind of makes me want to stay at home over Christmas and do some writing instead of doing more travel...

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread