I experienced something very strange with some pages with links.
    First, I had a website setup with only links and it used to be on the first page of Google results. I also used to generated some decent sales. Then changed their linking system a while ago and after that the site completely disappeared, the page rank is still there at 5/10 but it doesn't show up anymore in the search results.

Recently, I had a page of another site that was also on the first page of Google results, the page had no links, I then put a banner of and guess what? The page now does not show up anymore and worst of all the page rank is 0!

Well, what do you think? Is Google dumping pages with links? I don't see any other reason for my pages to disappear like that. The banner I inserted was the only change in the page that used to have a Page rank of 5/10 and it used to be the second result on Google.

I am thinking of dumping completely.

ABW Ambassador
    No, Google lists all my pages with links as normal. Google may not like you for some reason, but not for the reason your thread title alludes to.

I have not seen or heard of such a penalty with Google in recent weeks. However, I can certainly look into it - just sent you a PM to discuss further.

thanks for your reply. I did not mean to stir waters. This could be just an isolated case. I posted here to see if any other affiliates of experienced a similar case.

It just seems an unusual coincidence that all my pages with links have disappeared from Google's search results and PageRank has dropped to 0.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread