Hi,
    I am new here. Great place

I operate a number of forums in diff. categories, and am thinking of setting up an affiliate program.

Questions:
    Should I do it in-house? I am thinking that I could use the incoming page rank resulting from in-house links (although more work, and more marketing).

Pay for action? Thinking of paying for signup to the site. How do I figure how much to pay?

I am new to this stuff, so appreciate any feedback- or challenges to my assumptions!

Please help. Thanks!

I would suggest to go inhouse. How are you profiting from your site? Joining an network would be a very expensive venture if you have slower return on investment.

Paying for signups sounds like a good idea. Figuring the price to give is down to you, no one else knows how valueable a new member is to you. With well written terms you can start at one figure and always change the payout later.

If you want more information email me or take a look at my site for an idea of what I can do for you.

Lyle Hopkins

Hi AffilNow.

There's a very interesting discussion on Webmaster World about in-house versus network signups: http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum20/2847-1-10.htm

As a new affiliate you may think about going in house. This allows you to keep a larger commission, since it is a one on one relationship, rather than both you and the merchant giving a portion to the network.

As for marketing your site, link exchanging will give your PR a boost. They key of course is relevancy. Really drill down on what the core purpose of your site is...then optimize your site around those key terms (your meta-tags etc.) Partner and exchange with similar sites, one that have real data or services that someone coming from your site will actually be interested in seeing.

PPC bidding is another way to increase your profile, but be careful, you can loose your shirt if done incorrectly. Test those keywords!

There are lots of merchants out there who operate outside Linkshare, CJ, and the rest. Lots of business to be had!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread