Does anyone know the reporting abilities of the Kowabunga system well?

I have a key merchant (I am their affiliate) using myaffiliateprogram with a 2-tier relationship. The product is a fixed price per unit, with a different % payout depending on whether the end-user buys direct through my site, or through one of my 2nd tier sites.

What I would really like would be the ability to see each month how many units are sold by me versus my second tier. I can somewhat calculate it from the total commission and the total unit count, but it's still a fudge. Further, I only have a sign-up name (first and last name) for my second tiers, not the domain or web sites they are using, so I cannot see how/what they are focused on.

I want to know the different figures so I can tell if my pre-sell messages and campaigns are being effective, or if it is something that one of the 2nd tiers are doing that is pushing up sales and numbers.

So, before I bug my merchant about it, does anyone know if myaffiliateprogram is even able to make the differentiation?

As a second topic - every 5 or 6 months the pending sales gets reset to a negative number and tracking seems unreliable for a month or two until the merchant re-sets things. I'm not so sure that some sales are not getting lost, but I can't prove anything. I don't mistrust my merchant, but I do mistrust the software from time to time.
    Is this negative pending sales issue a common myaffiliateprogram problem, or is it something unique to this merchant?

Thanks -

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

I don't trust the merchants at MAP.

I have had nothing but troubles with 5 of them. Everyone I had in the sporting goods category never paid up.

I do not associate with any Kowabunga merchants any more.

Allen

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gearshopper:

I have had nothing but troubles with 5 of them. Everyone I had in the sporting goods category never paid up.

Allen

Allen -

There are some bad eggs everywhere, but it's a pretty broad stroke to condemn the whole lot of us over there.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

quote:
    Originally posted by Shawn Collins - ClubMom:
    quote:

Allen

Allen -

There are some bad eggs everywhere, but it's a pretty broad stroke to condemn the whole lot of us over there.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

Shawn,

I think I plainly said 5 Sporting Goods programs.

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

quote:
    Shawn,

I think I plainly said 5 Sporting Goods programs.

Allen -

You did, but you also said you "don't trust the merchants at MAP."

I count myself as one of those merchants. I am sorry you had a bad experience with a handful of programs, but I would suggest viewing each program on their own merits.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

I ain't choosing any of them... Thank you

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

I've used a map/kowabunga merchant for years. Always paid on time everytime. I'm still using him.

Hi,
    Unfortunately although the software may work, you cannot guarantee their customers will payout. But this also goes for some networks.

I can tell you that there will be some sort of solution for this in the future, but right now I cannot let on what it will be.

Lyle Hopkins

quote:
    Originally posted by Lyle Hopkins:
    I can tell you that there will be some sort of solution for this in the future, but right now I cannot let on what it will be.

Hmm... could it be related to the site in your sig?
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

ABW Ambassador
    ...my top performing merchant every year is a MAP merchant. Among the rough stones are a few gems just waiting to be discovered and generally speaking the merchants using MAP aren't overexposed like those from the "major" networks.

With regards to affiliates being paid by the merchants who use MyAffiliateProgram, that is generally the responsibility of the merchant themselves and not a result of MyAffiliateProgram. If any affiliate is having problems getting paid by their merchant, I'd suggest giving them a call or at the very least send an email.
    There are a wide selection of programs in MyAP and quite often you'll find that because these merchants do not have to pay a fee to MyAP like merchants do in other networks, they can offer their affiliates higher commission rates.
    With regards to their tracking abilities, I think they can do just about anything you ask them to do. I'd contact your AM and ask them to request the custom tracking work. I do that quite often for our program and it's never been a problem.

I don't think I would lump all merchants using a particular system into one group simply because a few bad apples stiffed you. That's like saying no one at Cj pays simply because a few seem to have a 100% reversal rate

I'm trying to decide between affiliatetracking.net and myap. This will be our first shot at affiliate marketing. Why did you go with myap?

Special Liaison
    Look4 - Yes you can do this. Login to the merchants admin page (or via Kolimbo.com) - go to 'View Reports' - then at the bottom you'll see two lines:

Tier Sales = how many 2nd tier sales you've made.
    Tier Sales Commission = the commission you've earned on those sales.

If anyone has a problem with payment form a MyAP merchant and the merchant is not responding to calls or emails, then get in contact with us. We can try to help you.

EPL - feel free to phone us if you need any info on MyAP.

Quote Originally Posted by BenKowaBunga
    If anyone has a problem with payment form a MyAP merchant and the merchant is not responding to calls or emails, then get in contact with us. We can try to help you.
    I have a MyAP merchant who I'm having a hard time collecting from. Dozens of emails have been ignored. Phone messages are ignored. The few times I've been able to reach the merchant on the phone, he says he'll look into it and he never calls me back. I've sent you two PMs requesting your assistance, but haven't heard anything back. Should I just turn this over to collections?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Special Liaison
    So it's you!!! I have had a PM sitting in my inbox for a while but because I don't have enough posts I can't access it. Drop me an email at ben at kowabunga.com and I'll get straight on it.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread