Where is the best place to report a non-paying merchant? MusicYo hasn't paid in almost a year.

Directtrack runs their program, but they claim they have nothing to do with this. Is this really the case? Given that they are an ASP and STILL running the program, isn't this partially their responsibility?

Besides the Better Business Bureau, is there anyone else who should be hit up?

These guys owe me commissions from FEBRUARY. I'm not kidding.

At some point, this becomes fraud, doesn't it? If they have a contract to pay and don't? Is there a government authority to bother? Or does this just become a small claims thing?

What about a collections agency? Anybody had any luck with those?

Anyplace you guys suggest taking this issue to?

I'm wondering if you guys have experience with getting deadbeat merchants to pay.

Jake

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Unfortunately, DirectTrack probably has their contract set up so they're legally "safe." I had the same problem a while back with LS and they were of no use. Probably cost Snare more in the long run than it cost me, since I blacklisted all their merchants for years!

I got my worst one (the LS deadbeat) to pay after an exchange of extremely-nasty grams. I had started out "firm, but polite"--but they thought they could scare me off with VERY rude, cursing emails. However, my own flamethrower works too, so when they were nasty I dished it right back.

They had been claiming that it was LS's responsibility, LS was saying it was the merchant's. It was a stalemate until I said I would "let my lawyer decide who to sue" and didn't respond to their next email--and Presto! A check appeared in the mail within about 4 days!

Others have had good luck with collection agencies. That route would have its points. No having to read BS flames from deadbeats!

If dunning or hiring a collector doesn't work, that leaves suing. I'd only threaten to sue if I really meant it (and I did mean it--those mothers were definitely going to PAY that bill!).

And, of course, don't forget about geurilla revenge tactics. Not that that'll get you a check, but you can still penalize them for their deadbeatness. You've already started with posting about them here--that'll keep some other affiliates from being too quick to sign up for their program.

But, how about their customers? A blighter shouldn't have so many of those, should they. So, they DO deserve to be buried under 20 Google and Yahoo listings promoting their (verified non-deadbeat) competition, right??? Time for some SEO...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

With the exception of SAS none of the networks seem to think it is any of their problem whether you get paid or not. Basically you are on your own. SAS is the only network that I know of that ensures you will get paid in any way.

This leaves a great opportunity open for someone.

I would like to see someone open a collection agency that specializes in collections for affiliates. I would be glad to pay a piece of the pie to one to get what is owed me by one merchant. If the agency kept a hunk of the money, I would rather see them have it than the dead merchant who needs to be taught a lesson.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Guys -

Thank you both for the tips...

Do you guys know any collection agencies or such that have dealt with this? Or a lawyer that would work on share?

BTW, I went to bbb.org, and turns out MusicYo is listed as a subsidiary of Gibson. I put in a call to Gibson customer service as well, and they seem to be on the case. MusicYo acts as a separate entity (with its own management team), but Gibson can't avoid the fact that their reputations are linked, as are their BBB complaint listings...

Midix24 pharmacy didn't pay me and my friend since last year.

We stop promoting them but we are let. they eat a handsome $$$$ from our commission.

Avoid them

I've been waiting since last year for a payment from Blair. This is for sales at Irvine Park in DirectTrack. There has been some discussion but no real action.

Apparently DirectTrack doesn't want to be in the check writing business but no one else does either.

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I've been waiting since last year for a payment from Blair. This is for sales at Irvine Park in DirectTrack. There has been some discussion but no real action.

Apparently DirectTrack doesn't want to be in the check writing business but no one else does either.

So now it's a year since I earned enough commission for a check at Irvine Park/Blair. Still no money, although this has been promised some time ago.

I also have Good Experience with ShareaSale.

Keep away form Directtrack, Kolimbo (some program are very good with them but list for Bad Operator is Unlimited than good)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread