ABW Ambassador
    OK, I've just come up with a cool idea for my next site.. the domains are available, but I need some help with my hosting..

I currently have three virtual accounts with Superb.net, and they are great.. good service, uptime etc.. & I would love to stay with them.
    I'm currently paying
    2 x $15.00 per month (paying quarterly)
    1 x $9.00 per month (paid 12 months in advance)

This new site would add another virtual account to my account, but there has to be an easier way than just keeping on adding virtual accounts.

What I need to know (my tech knowledge for this sort of thing is limited), is what I should be seeking.

I want to be able to add a new domain, be able to point it to my server and it's up and running sort of thing..

I don't mind paying for hosting, but if I keep adding these virtual accounts, I just figured that there has to be an easier solution.

What sort of prices to people pay for their servers?
    I use perl scripts on my sites, and have just discovered that superb also offers PHP as standard also, so have been learning that the last month or so and love it!
    So perl & php would be needed..
    I just finished writing a 1200 product site (I took 1200 of a merchants products, images, and put them in my database with pages that a search engine will actually touch), but that was all flat-file stuff. So maybe the time for sql is about to come around also.
    I've had a look at http://services.superb.net/sps/.
    They state they have a control panel (which I'll need at the moment), but don't want to set this up on the wrong system and waste my money

Hi Pete,

I have had several different web hosting solutions over the years and have been screwed by a few (never use infinet hosting.)
    So far the best one I have found and the one I currently use for all of my needs is Cravis.com. They are a hosting company from Chicago and they have been great.
    You can add additional domain names to be hosted with their own email and web space for only $3.00 per month after you have the initial account. (See site for details.) Their uptime has been great and so has their support team.

Good Luck,

Core

P.S. - This is not spam. I do not work for Cravis, nor do I make money from this post. I am just really happy with their service...

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread