I just register a new domain name but later on found out that the domain name was registered before (so I got an expired domain name).

The problem is that the domain name is used to promote an affiliate program (using Clicktrade).

If the previous owner doing something bad for the affiliates, can I be hold accountable?

I just found this out thru linkpopularity and to my suprised there is a link to my site, even though I don't ask for any link exchange.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi --

You can't be held liable for the previous owner's actions, but just to be on the safe side you should ask Clicktrade to delete the affiliate link to your site.

I would suggest e-mailing Clicktrade, explain that you are the new domain name owner and ask them to take your url off their affiliate list. What happens after that is the previous owner's problem.

I would also keep the other links as long as they don't have anything to do with the previous owner's affiliate program. Those links are an added bonus to buying the domain name. Enjoy 'em! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

All the best,
    Kip

All .coms $12.75 or less!

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread